Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday Sky

One good think abt having social networks like a blog or Facebook is that you get to keep in touch with friends and family. The BAD thing abt having social networks like a blog or Facebook is the upkeep. I find myself spending more and more time on Facebook, Ravelry, blog reading, news reading, or organizing my pictures to post on line (and the places are starting to grow). Oh well, I know I'm in good company!

First up, my sky.

It was rainy on and off all day today so I didn't try getting a better shot.

Can you see the rain?


I also have a finish to post!! It's a pair of charity socks for Warm Woolies.

They were made to fit a 6 y/o child.

I had Baby Girl try them on

and she told me they were just a wee bit snug. Since she is 7 these socks will fit the current campaign quite well.

Here are my stats:

Warm Woolies Socks #3
Magic 32 pattern (32 stitches across, 32 rows of cuff and foot)
Size 6 dpns
Sock #1: 6/27/09 - 7/1/09 (4 days)
Sock #2: 7/10/09 - 7/12/09 (3 days)
Yarn used: Lion Wool Prints #202 Flower Garden
yarn used up: 2.4 oz/125 yds

I am almost done with the vest, and then my 6 for 6 contribution for Warm Woolies will be complete. I really want to start another sweater for Baby Girl and also something for my new niece. I have all the parts for the sweater, but I can't figure out what to make for my niece. Maybe a blanket. Not sure yet. But I definitely want to make her some socks. Oh yeah, and I need to cast on for my 2nd sock and also finish #1 Son's first sock.

That's another drawback of being on line so much. I'm not stitching or knitting as much. With no school and not as much of a schedule, I'm not getting as much done. Instead I'm surfing a LOT! I think I just need to schedule my crafting around my on line time. If I don't craft, then I won't have as much to blog abt!


What am I, chopped liver?!? No wait, that's what I had for dinner....

6 comments:

Dee said...

Cute socks.

Dinner must have been delicious. Hemi is licking the very last bits off his whiskers.

stitcherw said...

Congrats on the sock finish, they look cute and will be a nice addition for your 6 for six.
Sue

Sandie Knapp said...

My problem too is trying to find the time to get everything done that I wish to do. Between yard work, knitting, spinning, reading and PC time, I have to admit, my hours are filled up. But it's best to be busy, yes? :)

Good job on the socks too.

Susan said...

I love the ballet toes pose with the socks!

KSee said...

FB is a bad, bad thing! Another time suck. I am addicted to Bejeweled! I knit, watch a movie, put a load in the washer, go to the computer, play 1 minute games. Go back to knitting, put the wash in the dryer.

We have had one of the best three days of weather here in like forever! We need your rain.

Life's a Stitch said...

Maybe I should try kid's socks. Those adult ones take way too long.