Monday, July 13, 2009

VQS Part II - Darks

Welcome back to Part 2 of my Virtual Quilt Show. Let's take a look at the dark quilts. They've been popular the past couple of years, more dramatic. They have some gorgeous quilts this year.

This one is really cool. Here is the front.

And here is the back.

This one definitely deserved a blue ribbon.

This is another one of my favorites.











Here's a close up of the birdhouse.


This one didn't look like much far away

but the quilter made little animals out of the grandmother's flower garden.


Here is a victorian patchwork quilt

I've never been a big fan of them, but I do love the detail work that goes into them.



There were a couple of monochromatic quilts


This one looks like it wants to be a monochromatic quilt, but it looks either faded out or maybe tea dyed.


I know I've seen this quilt before.

and I thought this was from last year.

but when I compared it to last year's pic, they are different! You can see a couple of the blocks are different, but you really have to look for it. This is from last year.


I know you guys remember this one from last year.

These two are from this year.


I still like last's years better.

So there you have it. LOTS AND LOTS of darks. Time for another break. Come back later for animal quilts. There are some odd ones......

3 comments:

Dee said...

I want the one in the 7th picture.

I like last year's safety pins better than this years.

Wendy said...

I love the one with the birdhouse. Thanks for a wonderful show of quilts.
Thanks for your lovely comment about Lula, she is doing very well for sure a short time. I think your right in some do better when only one person is home.

Sandie Knapp said...

I'm just glad I am not one of the judges. Just in this group alone I found 4 of them that I thought were amazing! And all of them are gorgeous. How do you single ONE out?

Did you have a quilt in the show? If you did, I wish you all the best with it's placing. :)