The FOs, the WIPs and the FROGGED

The FOs:

Baby Washcloths





I used some cotton yarn to make these washcloths for my SIL. I cast on 30 stitches on size 6 needles and just knit. They came out really cute! They are 6.5 x 6.5 which is a nice size for my SIL to use on my niece and then later for her (whichever *her* needs it more) to chew on. The blue yarn is a Peaches and Creme Shaded Denim #133, not sure what the multi colored one is.

I had a little bit left of that one and decided to use it up by making a cute coaster.

I really love this color combo and use this coaster all the time! I used my size 6 needles but only 18 sts. It measures 4 x 4.25


Kelly's Pink & Yellow Blanket



This almost got ripped out. It's a bit thinner than I'd like, but I did a search on Ravelry to check out carseat sizes and there was one that was the same dimensions as this one, so it stayed. Here are my stats:

Date Start: 7/22/09
Date End: 9/22/09
Total Project Time: 2 months

Sirdar Silky Look DK in Pink (#960) and Yellow (#961)

Cast on 192 stitches on size 7 needles
Knit 8 rows for border, basketweave 8sts x 8 rows

Size: 21 x 35

Yarn used up: 9oz/750yds


The WIPs

Winterscape socks

I'm on the 2nd sock and am almost ready to start the heel.


Kitty Blanket

I needed something to knit on one night and I didn't have the mind or the light to knit on something already started so I cast on for another shelter blanket.


The FROGGED

before

after

It was a hat I started for Baby Girl to knit on to give to one of her cousins. We've learned its better for her to knit on my kitty blankets than to knit on her own project. At least for now.

Comments

Vivian said…
It's so nice that Baby Girl is knitting. Henry learned awhile back but nothing became of it.
Sandie Knapp said…
Those cotton washcloths are big favorites by many it seems. I'm sure your SIL will love them.

The pink and yellow blanket came out really nice. The colors work great together, and basketweave is always great in a blanket.

I can't remember the very first things I knitted when I was just learning how, but I do know that I made an awful lot of booties over the years before I finally moved on to something more involved. :) Baby girl will get there eventually.

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon