Saturday, October 03, 2009

Saturday Sky

Is it really Saturday already? When did that happen?? It's been a bit crazy here at Happy Acres. Lots of activities with the rugrats, drama with a neighborhood kid, a couple of friends needing a shoulder to lean on, and starting to feel sick has definitely put a crimp in my free time.

I haven't had much time to blog or even read blogs. The most I've done on the computer is go on Facebook to play Bejeweled.

And update Ravelry.

On Thursday I felt a very strong need to play with my fiber so I pulled out my sock bag. (all pics are clickable to get a bigger view)

Laid out a blanket and dumped it out.

And proceeded to organize it by color.

Isn't it pretty??

I'm finding out that I definitely lean toward blues, purples and pinks.

I have enough for almost 60 pairs of socks. Since it was out, I decided to list it on Ravelry. It was only then that I realized how much I actually had! I think I've listed abt half. What's nice abt looking at what you have is that it reminds you of what you actually have!! And it makes me want to finish what I have going on so that I can start up a new pair.

We've had some really nice weather the past couple of days, highs of only the 60s in the AM. It still warms up to the 80s, and we're expecting highs of the 90s this wknd, but it's nice to see the weather changing a bit.

Today's sky is brought to you by Baby Girl.

Not a cloud to be seen!

Now I'm off to fold laundry, work a bit more on my baby sock and maybe take some time to catch up on my blog reading. Gotta see what you all have been up to!

Not until you are done scratching me!!

5 comments:

Dee said...

Hemi is going to make sure you don't quit before HE is ready. LOL

Jane said...

If I were doing my Show Me Your Socks contest this year, I think you'd have a winner with that display!

The Knifty Knitter said...

Love the sock yarn color wheel! I need to do the same with my tubs of yarn.

Vivian said...

The sock yarn circle is very cool. I see you are posting them on Ravelry. Amazing how they add up, and it seems to take forever to burn down the stash even a tiny bit.

Sandie Knapp said...

Oh boy, that's going to make for a lot of warm tootsies, all that sock yarn. Well, it would if it were knitted into socks, that is. And here I was feeling guilty because I had enough stashed for about 30 pair of socks. Thanks for showing me I'm not doing too bad at all. hahaha