Friday, October 09, 2009

What a week! My brother in law and his wife are flying to South America for a wedding and stopped over to stay with us for a couple of days. Which meant not only cleaning the house, but cleaning for sleepover company! No matter how much notice I have, I never get all my projects done. This is why I only promise a clean bed and bathroom! LOL

Wednesday was the day they were coming in, and plans were made to go to Islands of Adventure on Thursday. I was keeping the rugrats home Friday to recoup from all the fun. So what happens? Baby Girl wakes up at 5AM ill. By that afternoon she had thrown up 3 times.

Thankfully she was better by the time they arrived,

but with the heat index predicted to be 107 on Thursday, I was still unsure abt the theme park.

Thursday morning I was out voted so we all went.


The outcome?

As you can see, she was fine!!

We started out slow,



but worked our way up to the BIG roller coasters.



They both rode every ride they could. Baby Girl couldn't go on two of them, but she held her own the rest of them.

It was hot,

but water rides helped keep us cool.


We were exhausted by the time we left

but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that it worked out as well as it did.

Today all we are doing is crashing on the couch. Hopefully tomorrow or Sunday I'll have some knitting progress to report.

3 comments:

Dee said...

Looks like a good time was had by all.

stitcherw said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. I'm glad she was feeling better and whatever caused the tummy upset was over quickly. I can't believe it is so warm there still. We're running mid 40's to mid 50's here on a regular basis now, with frost warnings at night for the plants, winter is on its way. :(

Loved your earlier picture of all your sock yarn laid out, it looked like a big colorful yarn wreath, fun.
Sue

Sandie Knapp said...

Fantastic! I'm so glad your day was a success. And thank goodness baby girl was feeling better. :)