Let's see how long it lasts.....

The good news: I finished my socks.

These took me WAY too long to do.

Here are the stats:

Winterscape Socks from Kay
Malabrigo sock yarn in Persia
64sts on 2.5mm needles

sock #1: 3/26/09 - 7/7/09
sock #2: 8/3/09 - 11/19/09

This was a good pattern that I would use again. I, however, took FOREVER to make them. But they are done.


The bad news. Remember how I said I found a hole?


After I kitchenered the toe on sock #2, I pulled out sock #1 and fixed it.

It seemed to come out ok and you really can't see it in this pic. This should be good news, right? Wrong. When I put the socks on, I found three more thin spots. Something found these socks tasty. I haven't seen any moths in the house, and besides, this first sock has been sitting in the drawer with my other hand knit socks, which are perfectly fine (I say this casually, but trust me, once I realized it was sitting in the same drawer as my other hand knit socks, I got quite nauseous and imagined large holes in ALL my socks. Thankfully all is good.)

I'm not sure how long they'll last, but I will wear them this winter.

Comments

Dee said…
Sorry about the holes .... I think I'd give the other socks a good washing. Did you check them over and see if there was any larvae or cocoon looking stuff?
Life's a Stitch said…
Doesn't it feel soooo good to finish something that's been around for sooo loong?

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon