Finishing Up

After the wknd of having family out, I've been taking it easy these past couple of days. In fact, yesterday was just finishing up the leftovers and hanging out in bed. Since I was starved for knitting, I took the time to work on some projects and I was able to reap the benefits of my efforts.

Scarf is DONE

Stats for this project:

Denim Sirdar Scarf

Date Start: 7/4/09
Date End: 12/21/09
Total Project Time: 5.5 months (YIKES!)

Yarn used: Sirdar Snuggly DK shade 353

(this one is blurry but shows the correct color)

Cast on 37 sts on a size 7 needle using Mistake Rib

Total scarf size: 4"x70"

It took the full 2 skeins of yarn to get that length but I'm really happy with it. It's long enough to wrap around my neck and still be long enought to look nice.

With the scarf done and it being chilly outside, it inspired me to pick up my kitty blanket, which led to.....

Kitty Blanket DONE!

I'm so happy to have this done as well.
Stats for this project:

Date start: 9/20/09
Date end: 12/21/09
Total Project Time: 3 months

Cast on 100sts on a size 9 needle using 1 strand of ww and 1 strand of DK (except for the part that bulges out a bit, I used two strands of ww there).

Finished size: 20x17

I now have 3 blankets to deliver to the local Humane Society. Hopefully I'll get to drop them off some time this week.

This leaves me with 2 socks on the needles. I'm going to focus on finishing the socks for #1 Son. I'm getting close to the heel on sock #2 and with no other projects in the works, I should be able to get it done by the end of the month.

On a side note, there must be something in their DNA because when I was getting the house ready for Saturday's dinner, Baby Girl couldn't help enough

whereas this is what #1 Son kept going back to until I needed him again.

Girls in the kitchen/guys on the couch tradition is trying to be broken at Happy Acres, but I feel it might be a losing battle....

Comments

Dee said…
Totally genetic --- nothing you can do about it. Resistance is futile.
Life's a Stitch said…
Mistaken rib + Sirdar denim = comfort knitting
I find that when my son is on the couch with his DSI it is more helpful sometimes.
Knittymuggins said…
The projects look great!! And hey, don't feel bad about the scarf time lapse. You should see the time frames on some of *my* projects!! It would make you feel better in 2 seconds ;)

Yes, I'm afraid it's definitely genetic, though I'm only familiar with the adult versions of the species so far ;)

Have a very happy holiday and a joyous New Year too!

knittymuggins

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon