Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday Sale-ing

Two days ago we were sweatin' to the 80s. Today we never got out of the FIFTIES!! Yes I realize I won't get much sympathy, but these inconsistent temps have me wearing shorts and tees one day and warm woolies the next. I got good use out of my alpaca socks today since I was helping a friend with her yard sale. Can I tell you how much I hate yard sales? Lots of work for little payout. Today's totals for me? $7.25. If I make another $2.75 I'll be reimbursed the money spent on donuts for the group this AM.

At least I enjoyed the company. AND I got in some good knitting time. I was working on my scarf and had more people comment on my knitting than on the stuff I was selling! No pics to post since I left the scarf at the yard sale. If things don't pick up tomorrow, I should have it done. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.


What do you mean you could have used this earlier??

4 comments:

Susan said...

This might make you feel better about your "cold" weather. Here's what we have to look forward to. I copied it from Environment Canada. BTW, -40 degrees is about the same in Celsius and Fahrenheit.


Wind Chill Warning : City of Regina Issued at 3:22 PM CST Friday 11 December 2009

Cold temperatures, combined with a strengthening northwesterly gradient, will produce extreme wind chills of minus 40 to minus 50 over parts of Southern Saskatchewan overnight and on Saturday. This is a warning that extreme wind chill conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.
Cold Arctic air combined with a strengthening northwesterly wind will surge southward into Central and Southern Saskatchewan tonight and on Saturday. As a result extreme wind chills of minus 40 to minus 50 are expected overnight and Saturday morning into the Parkland areas. These extreme wind chill will slowly spread southward on Saturday, reaching the far southern areas Saturday night. Extreme values will continue into Sunday for most areas. At these extreme wind chill values frostbite on exposed skin may occur in less than 10 minutes.

Dee said...

Hemi is most amusing!!! I can't believe he is sitting IN an umbrella.

I don't do yardsales anymore. I don't have much big stuff so it would never attract anyone's attention. I just haul my stuff to Goodwill.

The Knifty Knitter said...

Your cat makes me think of the story from Winnie the Pooh about the time Piglet's house floods and they have to rescue him. At one point they turn the umbrella upside down and use it for a boat.

stitcherw said...

Hope the second day was a little busier for you, and a bit warmer. Cute picture, cats pick the funniest places to sit.
Sue