Friday, December 25, 2009

Such a Deal!!

Around Thanksgiving, I saw a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer in the paper for $139.00. This is a FANTASTIC price, esp since the cheapest I've ever seen them start was $199.00. From there they just go up by a LOT. My plan was to get to Wal-Mart early and get me a mixer. I got there around 7:15am, late by Black Friday standards, but I've been there early before for something that they had so much of, it was still on that sale price a week later. I wasn't worried.

Until I saw someone walking out with one as I was walking in. PS, there were none left. I was SO disappointed. I didn't think I lived in an area where this would be a hot item. When I got home I spent the next few hours and then the next few days searching on line for this great deal. It was gone.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago.......My friend has a Kohl's card and they were having a deal where when you use your card, you get a percentage off your total purchase. She happened to get the highest amount possible, 30% off. That is 30% off the entire purchase! On top of the already slashed prices and clearance items. Now that's a great deal!

So we meet at the store and I'm getting stuff for our upcoming trip. I'm looking at their boots and as I go to sit down, I look up and suddenly I see it. A Kitchenaid stand mixer on sale for $149.00. Limited time only. Three left. I drop the boot and run to the stack. This is only ten dollars more than the one at Wal-Mart AND another 30% off....

My total price was $105.00.

For a Kitchenaid stand mixer.

AMAZING! Do I need this? Nope. Can I afford it? Not at all. But it made me VERY happy and I view it as a therapy session. Retail therapy is SO much better than group! I plan on using it this wknd.

Oh and I got additional Kohl's Kash for my total purchase. Free money for more shopping!! I just LOVE good deals!

While my Kitchenaid was the best deal I got, I also had free money for Bath and Body Works. (this is the one good thing of a poor economy, stores give you free money to walk in their doors!) I got some soaps and creams (LOVE their Cucumber Melon smell), but I found this in one of their bins.

Isn't she cute!!!!

I've named her Wooly.

Now Sheepy

(a beany baby from McDonalds)

has a friend.

8 comments:

Dee said...

Looks like Sheepy found her Mama!

Good buy on the KA. Yes, they are pricey, but you should never have to buy another mixer.

I've had mine for 15 years and it's still going strong.

SusieH said...

That is a FABULOUS deal. Lucky you!

stitcherw said...

Wow, great deal on the mixer. Good thing you missed being able to get one at the first sale. Wooly is so cute, and a perfect friend for Sheepy. I don't remember seeing those at our BBW's here. I love their cucumber melon scent as well, light and clean and fresh.

Nice finishes earlier of the scarf and kitty mat. Looks like a lot of bloggers are finishing up projects for year end. As to Be Scary, not really new, I started it on Thanksgiving. However, it did go much faster than my normal projects, so you wouldn't have seen a lot of postings on it. The pattern actually came out around 2000 and I've had it in my stash for most of that time, I can't believe I waited so long to stitch it.
Sue

Karen said...

Woohoo!!!!! I'm so glad this story had such a happy ending!! :)

Ashlawnfarms Rag Quilt Creations said...

Good for you on that mixer....that is something I have on my list to get. Good to know these things! Thanks!

Susan said...

Aww... what cute sheepies. And congrats on the new Kitchen Aid. I've had one for a few years and it is a work horse.

Sandie Knapp said...

Congratulations on that fantastic KitchenAid buy. Love "Wooly" too. I have a pair of stuffed sheep too and won't part with them.

Hope you all have a prosperous and healthy 2010. :)

Jacki said...

Wow that is such a good deal! I got one from my grandma when I got married and literally hugged it.