Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Just One of Those Days

Virtual vacations are wonderful. You get to do what you want when you want. There are no flubs or imperfections in your vacation. There are no *internet cafes* that are really smoke filled gambling spots (real life vacation lesson #1: check all future internet cafes before taking children inside). There are no mountain highways that include 6 miles of S turns (real life vacation lesson #2: never drive from Cary, NC to Sylva, NC w/o a barf bag). There are no asthmatic children gasping for breath (real life vacation lesson #3: asthma and high altitudes DO NOT mix). Nope, virtual vacations don't include any of that.

But where's the fun in that?!?!

So as you can see, while we *did* have fun on our vacation, we also had some real life lessons as well. I think we might be sticking with the Keys next year instead.

Since we've been back, I've become a bit of a sloth. Having weather in the 20s and 30s doesn't help either. There is something wrong when the weather in the mountains and Florida are practically the same. Oh and start buying your produce now. If this cold weather keeps up, the price of strawberries, green beans, squash, peppers and tomatoes are going to be thru the roof!

Meanwhile I finally changed out of my pajamas around 3pm today when I jumped into the shower. Is it wrong that I've been in my robe ever since?!?! It's a great way to stay warm.

Here's another way.......

3 comments:

Dee said...

Oh my, the boy has totally lost his dignity!

Sandie Knapp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandie Knapp said...

What a wonderful way to begin my day. Laughing. Woman, you have the most wonderful ability as a comedic writer. You really should do something with it other than blogging.

I do hope you had a fun vacation, although, from the sounds of it, you would all have done better staying home and just taking it easy. Baby girl has quite the talent with gingerbread men though.

I'm just happy you are home safely, and hopefully, well rested. :)

PS - I had to delete the first comment because there was a miss-spelled word, and I can't stand that if I notice it. Couldn't find another way to fix it. LOL