Friday, February 26, 2010

Just Checking In

My computer is still down. I'm happy to have this one, but it's not the same. Plus I can't upload my pics so no pictoral updates today. I haven't been knitting much, mostly because I don't like what I'm working on. I have one pair of worsted wool socks for charity that hurts my hands when I knit on it so I haven't picked it up lately. The other pair is the FX socks that I started over, but I'm not thrilled with the yarn. And then there's the kitty blanket. Meh. The newer Caron stuff isn't as nice as the old stuff, it feels as if there is a coating on it, more plastic-y for a lack of a better word, but it still feels soft once knitted up so I do plan on finishing this blanket. I came *this close* to casting on another sock, but I want to add a pattern and couldn't decide on what I wanted to use. So back in the bag it went. By that time it was getting later and I just put everything away.

This explains why I'm on Facebook so much. Not much thinking required to laze on my virtual island listening to the waves. It's a nice escape esp since we've been so cold. Yes we have no snow, but when you wake up and it's only 7 degrees warmer than Long Island in the AM, well that's just wrong. Usually at this point we are thinking of what to plant outside, not having to cover up plants from yet another freeze from last night. I don't have anything to worry abt because I'm not sure what's alive from all the freezes we've had this year. Even the poor lizards are trying to find ways to stay warm.


I have been working on my cross stitch, both the dolphins and Too Pooped are in a rotation, browns and greys have been my color palette as of late. I do get the urge to work on something else, but I really want these two projects done.

And for all of those who commented on Princess getting her wide self thru that little space?? You were all right! Fur and fat are quite pliable!!

7 comments:

Dee said...

Is that lizard warming himself on the lampshade???? LOL

I haven't seen a lizard in a long time. Either they are hiding really well or the freeze got them.

Susan said...

We don't see lizards in our houses around here. My first reaction would be to shriek. I quite like your little guy though. He's a clever little dude to find the heat.

SusieH said...

LOVE that lizard. Too bad about the Caron - I loved using that a few years ago. Justbe glad it's not my Yarn of Doom. [I left yarn info on that in my comments on my blog]...

Bridget said...

Love the lizard picture! I love lizards in theory, but would probably die of a heart attack if one ever landed on me ...

The Knifty Knitter said...

I understand about the lack of motivation for current knitting projects. I get that way sometimes. Just think though, if you finish those, you can start something else! (Technically you could start something else now anyways but I do try and provide myself *some* motivation :) )

The lizard is too cool! I hope you let him hang out and warm up :) lol

Brigitte said...

Um. OK. So, I live north of you. WAY north. So, seeing lizards in the house is not something you'd see here. Please tell me that he actually belongs to someone. Because I'd pretty much have heart failure if I saw that roaming around. Not that the cats would let him roam for long...

Sandie Knapp said...

I've been to Florida just once in my entire life, to visit my daughter for 3 days. One of things I found most enjoyable were the little lizards. Talk about cute, but he sure is taking his life in his hands hanging around your home, where so many cats are living. My cats would have him for a snack in no time. :)

Sorry it's so cold for you, but it's not any more fun up here either. I've got 3 feet of snow outside, and if I don't wear sunglasses, I'll go blind! :)