Knitcroblo Day 2 (and a surprise visitor)

An Inspirational Pattern - Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to. Whether it happens to be because the skills needed are ones which you have not yet acquired, or just because it seems like a huge undertaking of time and dedication, most people feel they still have something to aspire to in their craft. If you don’t feel like you have any left of the mountain of learning yet to climb, say so!

I'd like to eventually learn to knit a sock toe up or maybe learn continental, but for now, I'm happy with my knitting. I knit to decompress and right now trying to learn something new requires more brain cells than I've got or want to use at the moment. That doesn't mean I'll never try them though. Gotta keep my options open!

That being said, there is a pattern in my arsenal that I do want to eventually do. It's a design by Maddy Laine called Flower Boxes. I bought this awhile ago, even started it, but the lacy flower part just didn't look right. And then I found a mistake in the lacy leaf part. So I ripped it out. It is sitting in my closet just waiting for me. It's not hounding me or calling out my name, but it does wave to me when I come across it from time to time. One day I will do it.

Just not yet.

---------------------------------
Now that may sound like a great way to end a post, but I can't end w/o a picture. For those of you on FB, you have already seen this picture, but I have to share with my blogger buddies. After I dropped the kids off at school and I was driving down my street, look who was on my front lawn.

Meet Fraiser. He's a Florida Sandhill Crane and he was feasting on acorns in my yard. These birds are over 3 feet tall so they aren't exactly small, but that didn't stop my little warrior Princess from stalking this bird! I didn't get any pictures of that because I was trying to keep her from attacking. When I was abt 6 feet from Fraiser and her, she started to jump at it. That bird flew up with it's huge wing span and set right back down abt 4 feet away. It was enough to startle her so she stopped and I could pick her up. She was NOT happy abt going inside but there was no way I was going to let her get him. Wasn't sure who would win either. After that I went back out with my camera and took some shots of him.

He had quite the personality too. When he saw I had no food for him (it's illegal to feed them, but I suspect he's had a handout or two from the locals) he started to walk away. I followed him down the street and he would occasionally stop and look at me. At one point he spoke to me! And he also fluffed his feathers all up as he strut away. I got this one as he was putting them back down.

Fraiser seemed to be enjoying the attention because whenever I pulled out the camera, he would strut or pose or speak. I'm hoping he comes back for another visit soon.

Comments

Jacki said…
I am teaching a unit on Sandhill Cranes to my first graders - probably my favorite thing to teach all year. They are all over the place this time of year, so my kids get really excited when they see them outside of school. We learned yesterday that they can be up to 5 feet tall but only weigh 8-11 pounds!
Karen said…
You know what, I think it's pretty admirable to keep knitting "what you know" and enjoying it instead of pushing and pushing and making it more work than fun. As for that sweater - it's a really pretty pattern. I know next time it calls you you, it will just fly off the needles perfectly!!
stitcherw said…
Great pictures of Fraiser, he does look like he liked the attention. :)
Good idea to grab Princess though, with a bird that size I don't think it would be a fair fight, and cats don't really think first, that beak looks wicked.

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon