Knitcroblowc

I'm already mixing up the days for the Knit/Crochet Blog-a-long because some days move me more than others. Today I'm using the Wild Card Day.

All Tooled Up - Do you have a particular knitting/crochet tool or piece of equipment that you love to use? Maybe it is an old bent pair of needles that used to belong to someone special, or a gorgeous rosewood hand-turned crochet hook that you just love the feel of? Write about what you love it.

I almost passed on this one too, but then I remembered an important tool that I had to use for my sock knitting. I've been working on a lot of baby socks lately, but I don't always have a needle with me to kitchener the toe closed. Which means I can't start another sock because I don't have enough needles to keep them both going. This happened twice to me during ballet. I started thinking there has to be SOMETHING that I can pass these live stitches onto until I have a needle to close up the toe. I tried a straw, but it didn't work. I was going to ask for a paper clip but nobody was in the office in the studio to ask. Just as I was beginning to see if I could get away with pilfering a paper clip, I looked down and saw the perfect tool.

A bobby pin!!! This is the perfect solution for my problem and I was ticked I didn't think of it sooner!

So there you have it, my favorite tool for the day.

Comments

Karen said…
Brilliant idea!!!!
Dee said…
Necessity is the mother of invention!
Ha ha! Love it! I've used paper clips as stitch markers before and I'm always impressed when someone can McGuyver something into a usable tool.

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon