Monday Meme Movies

Karen from Musings of a (mostly) Self-Taught Knitter had posted a meme today that I thought I would do. I watch a LOT of movies here at Happy Acres and felt this would be a fun one to do.


Name a film that you have seen more than 10 times.
Hmmmm, there are quite a few of them. The Sure Thing, While You Were Sleeping, What's Up Doc, and Foul Play are just a couple.

Name a film that you’ve seen multiple times in the cinema.
That would be Grease. I think we saw it in the theatre abt 30 times. No joke. It was my mother's favorite movie and I was abt the only one who would go with her after awhile. I still remember the price of a ticket, $3 for her and $1.50 for me.

Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a film.
It used to be Tom Cruise back in the day, but he got weird. Today it be John Cusack. He's a bit weird, too, but in an IO sort of way.

Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a film.
I don't have one. If the movie looks like one I want to see and there were other people that I enjoy in it, one particular person wouldn't stop me from seeing it.

Name a film that you can and do quote from.
Better Off Dead, The Sure Thing and Real Genius get quoted from OFTEN!

Name a film musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Grease, Grease 2 and I'm getting really good with the High School Musicals.

Name a film that you would recommend everyone see.
Believe it or not, I don't recommend movies. I'll tell you if I liked it or not, but I've been burned one too many times with "I can't believe you LIKED that movie" or "That was a bit offensive" (this coming from a person who was upset to see a boob shot but no issues with a head being decapitated. go figure).

Ever walked out of a film?
Two. I walked out of Goulies back in the 80s, and Monster House a few years ago.

Name a film that made you cry in the cinema.
Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium. When Mr Magorium was dying, the majority of the kindergarteners (it was a field trip no less!) didn't understand the imagery of him dying. However we had just lost a few pets and a couple of grandparents in the past few years and Baby Girl is asking me, "He's dying, isn't he". With tears in her eyes. Meanwhile I'm trying to hold it together. We both end up crying. Not a pretty sight.

Popcorn?
Absolutely!!

How often do you go to the cinema (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
Not as often as I'd like. I enjoy the whole movie theatre experience. Dark theatre, big screen, box of stale popcorn with fake butter. No pause button to stop the movie to tend to some household crisis.

What’s the last film you saw in the cinema?
The Bounty Hunter. I really enjoyed it. Cute chick flick movie.

What’s your favorite/preferred genre of film?

It depends on my mood. I like romantic comedies. A good spy flick is enjoyable. I don't like war pictures. Too violent for me. But I have no issues with a movie like Die Hard. Guess it's the fake violence vs the real violence.

What’s the first film you remember seeing in the cinema?
Hmmm. I remember seeing the Disney movies like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. The 1st James Bond movie was The Spy Who Loved Me. My 1st R rated movie was Little Darlings. Did not find Matt Dillon cute at all!!! But I loved Kristy McNichol.

What film do you wish you had never seen?
Hmmmm. A hard one because if I don't like a movie, I just shut it off. However I wished I'd never seen Terms of Endearment. The scene of her saying goodbye to her kids was horrible. Keep in mind my mom died only 3 years prior so it was very realistic for me. However I never liked movies with the mom dying. Hated Bambi because of it (it's really the only part of the movie I remember) and Dumbo with is mom in a cage rocking him was also horrible. Again the only parts of that movie I remember.

What is the scariest film you’ve seen?
Real life tends to be scarier for me than cinema, but I think the scariest one was back in the early 80s when all the slasher movies were in style. I saw a lesser known movie called Phantasm. It was really weird and I don't remember much abt it other than it freaked me out for a bit.

If you could be any character portrayed in a movie, who would it be?
Any movie with Meg Ryan in it.

Total number of films you own on DVD and video.
I know it's under 100. Keep in mind these are movies that cover both my tastes, the IO's tastes and the rugrats tastes. AND we've collected a lot of video tapes over the years.

Last film you bought.
I know it was a Barbie one. We don't buy movies that often anymore. Between Roku, Netflix, the internet and Dish, we can find pretty much anything we want to watch!

Last film you watched.
I watched Sweet Home Alabama last night.

Five films that mean a lot to you.
I guess movies I've seen as a child. Grease is a big one, it was the last movie I remember seeing with my mom before she got sick. Sound of Music and The Ten Commandments are ones I remember seeing with the entire family on TV. If it was on, we made a point of being home to watch it. Secret Admirer was an important movie for the IO and I (long story for another post).

What are your favorite movies?
Well I've listed a bunch of them already. It's easier to list my least favorite movies. Anything that's sad. Don't like movies that make me cry. Or give you the impression they are comedies and then sucker punch you by throwing in something really sad. A lot of earlier Robin Williams movies are like that.

So there you have it. If you lasted this long, you are truly a movie buff! What movies do you like?


Lucy sez: Any movie that keeps your lap in one place for a long period of time works for me!

Comments

Dee said…
Philadelphia is my favorite movie of all time. I think Tom Hanks did a fabulous acting job.

After that --- Good Morning, VietNam and Saving Private Ryan are on my all-time favorites list.

I'm really not much of a movie person.

Oh --- Wallace and Gromit --- I liked their movie too.
Karen said…
Even though I named a TON of movies in my Meme - you and Dee have reminded me of more movies I love but didn't mention. While You Were Sleeping is another I can watch over and over. How could I have forgotten that I know all the lyrics to Grease?? And Philadelphia!! And Good Morning VietNam!! Oh so many good movies and so little time. :)
SusieH said…
you wrote "Better Off Dead, The Sure Thing and Real Genius get quoted from OFTEN!" Do you live in our house!? DH and I love those films,although we haven't seen The Sure Thing in years....
I love comedies. My brother and I can quote many of them and I have a good friend who, when we get on a roll, I can do entire scenes with. I'm also a big fantasy/vampire/dragon/wizard movie fan. I'm pretty sure I've seen the first Lord of the Rings movie over 10 times, 3 of which were in the theater.
Vivian said…
I didn't see Phantom in your answers, yeah, I know it's not really a movie. But I like the movie version too, and Henry insists that it's less scary ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon