Friday, April 02, 2010

Virtual Quilt Show

Welcome to Happy Acres Virtual Quilt Show. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Every year there is a theme. Challenges are set and guild members participate. It's interesting to see what people come up with.

This year we had houses,

houses,

and more houses.




There were quite a few pastel quilts

also with a theme.




Some added a retro feel.



I really like these dresses. The details added to the dresses really make the quilts sing. And that first one would be perfect in Baby Girl's room.

The details in this Victorian Crazy Quilt

are really amazing. You can click on the above quilt to see the details, but here are a few of my favorites from it.

I love the cross stitched piece. Notice, another house.


LOVE the teapot and cup set.


Probably left over from some curtains or pillow.

There was also another crazy quilt, this time in neutrals.


I usually love color in my quilts, but there are a few neutrals that catch my eye. Here is another neutral quilt.

Who knew beige could have such depth!

Speaking of color, batiks continue to be a favorite.




And while not completely made from batiks, it's a nice blend of both batiks and regular fabrics.

It was a birthday gift to a woman who leads quite an active life.

There was only one whole cloth quilt.

You can click on it to see the quilting better. Here is a sample of what it looks like.


Anybody remember the safety pin quilts? (scroll down to see them) No pins this year, just some scissors.


These next quilts cracked me up. Not one

but TWO quilts made from the Crown Royal bags.

They were made well so I doubt they were drinking and sewing at the same time!!

This one is really cool.

I love the colors in it, but the part I really love abt it? It was made for a women's shelter! Thinking of the woman who receives this quilt, the joy and comfort it will bring, makes me teary eyed.

What was the Best in Show? Here you go!

Those blocks were very detailed and SMALL. The workmanship was amazing.

However, this was my favorite quilt.

Art quilts are nice, but I prefer the kind you can curl up in.

So there you have it, this year's quilt show. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoy putting it together.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Those quilts are amazing. I wonder how long it took to make the crazy quilt? I loved the cross stitched piece on it. Very creative.

stitcherw said...

The quilts are gorgeous, I love going to quilt shows and seeing all the beautiful, and detailed, work. We used to have a show around hear in the spring, but I don't remember seeing it advertised last year, and so far nothing this year.
Sue