Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Meme

I read this on Melissa's blog that looked like a fun one. If you decide to play along, leave a comment letting me know so I can check yours out.

1. What's your staple meal (ie what meal do you cook most often when you can't be bothered to be adventurous)?

A roasted chicken. It's easy to put together, add some potatoes or make some rice and a veggie and you've got a great meal. I make one at least once a week. The other staple is spaghetti. Make a big pot of sauce and add your pasta of choice.


2. What do you want to be when you grow up?

When I was in 6th grade, we had career day and I dressed up as a receptionist. My teacher thought I was a business woman, but when I told him I was a receptionist, he was disappointed. He said I needed to aim higher than just a receptionist. I ended up disappointed because my mom was a receptionist. What was so wrong with it??

Fast forward 18 years to when I was 30, pregnant with #1 Son and working as an office manager for a local business. Part of my responsibility was, you guessed it, the receptionist. One day it hit me, I became what I wanted to be when I was 12 yrs old!!!

And I am what I wanted to be when I grew up, a stay at home mom with kids and a husband. Who knew it would be more exhilarating or exhausting than working in the advertising department of a NY newspaper?!?

And the great thing abt it all is that I can still be anything I want to be. The adventure is figuring out what's next.....


3. What books are you reading at the moment?


I have some books to read on my dresser, and I just got a call from the library that some books I requested have come in. The book that's on the nightstand right now is a somewhat trashy novel entitled A Black Tie Affair.


4. How do you relax?

Knitting, watching movies, playing on-line games and reading.


5. What color are the interior walls of your home?

The inside walls in the main part of the house are a soft yellow with burgundy accents. The bedrooms are in different colors, all of which need to be re-done.


6. What is your guiltiest pleasure?

Icecream and the occasional somewhat trashy novel.


7. What time is bedtime and getting up time?

Depends on the time of year. When we have school, I'm up by 7am and wake the kids at 7:30am. I'm in bed by 11pm or midnight. Now that summer is here and Baby Girl is older, bedtimes are MUCH looser around here unless we need to be up early the next day. We are only in week three of summer vacation and we've been getting up around 11am. Seems very late unless you're up until 2 or 3am. (I am SUCH a night owl). However today I was up at 6am which made for a VERY long day!

8. How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)?

I probably spend abt 2 hours reading blogs 4 or 5 times a week. However I'm on Facebook a LOT AND I'm constantly checking news sites for updated info. Then there are days that I need to keep the computer off. Need a break from all the news, esp the Gulf.


So there you have it. I have been working on the south side of my bedroom and while you can't really tell, I'm making major progress! My room has been the dumping ground for all things not-needed-this-very-minute or need-to-unpack-(eventually). I moved my yarns from bags to bins so that I can stack them in the craft room instead of leaning them in my small hallway going into my bathroom. I've also gone thru the pile of papers on my night stand and the pile of junk I stuck in a clothes basket when I was clearing off the kitchen bar area. I was able to throw out the majority of the stuff in it. Old coupons, flyers, newsletters, etc that I no longer needed. I can actually see the bottom of the floor in that area!!!

And boy do I need to vacuum!


Guess that's why we're all in the living room......

4 comments:

Susan said...

I am also usually still up at 2 or 3 a.m. Night owls unite!

Jane said...

Vacuum? What's that??? Hi, long time, no see. LOL I'm behind again (as usual.) Looks like you've been busy, but what I want to know is this - who is that big girl holding up your scarf a few posts back? My goodness, she's really maturing! Such a beautiful young lady.

VCFibers said...

I'm glad that you did this meme. I was going to tell you to go ahead and steal it :)

Knittymuggins said...

Fun! I haven't seen a meme in forever! I don't roast chickens often, but they *are* pretty simple, aren't they? I should try that :)

How cool that you ended up being what you wanted to be when you grew up, but that the journey is still ongoing :)

So jealous that you have pale yellow walls in your house! I would die for that in mine :)

knittymuggins