Saturday Excursion

I felt the need for an adventure today so we went for a bit of a drive. Here is my sky once we got settled.

Guess where we went?

Need another hint?

Welcome to the Atlantic Ocean just south of Daytona Beach. We haven't been to the beach in a year and with speculation as to if/when the oil from the Gulf will hit us on the Atlantic side, I felt the need to go.

The waves were just rough enough to keep the kids entertained

and calm enough to keep me from being a nervous wreck. I know these waves don't look like much, but they were tall enough to knock them around a bit. They were standing on a sand bar so when the wave crashed over them, it was as high as their shoulders, but after it passed them by, the water was only up to their knees. A win/win for us all!

We got there around 6:30pm, which was perfect!!! It was late enough for the crowds to have thinned out, but early enough to still see people fly thru the air

or look for buried treasure


A pelican was working off his dinner

while I enjoyed nature's best pumice stone.


I knew it was time to go when I went from needing sunglasses

to night vision goggles!


Plus this came out.


I needed a flash by the time we left.


We had a really nice time and I'm hoping to fit in another beach trip before school starts. I just wish it was closer than an hour away (a detail I appreciate during hurricane season!)

Comments

Dee said…
That flying guy thing is pretty cool!
I'm so jealous! It looks like you all had a fabulous time.

And you'd better enjoy that beach before it's all black!
stitcherw said…
Looks like a wonderful day, I wish I lived closer to a beach. The beach is one of the main reasons Florida is my DD's favorite state.
Sue
Zonda said…
Lovely day/evening! :) Ahh to live closer than 2 hrs to the beach! Sure hoping your beaches don't get any of the oil!

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon