Saturday, July 31, 2010

Such a Night Person

Now that the sun has gone down and it's cooler outside (heat index is down to 81, SOOO much better!) I can actually think! Considering how poorly I handle the heat, it's amazing I live in Florida. Living in Miami was actually easier because while it gets hot down there, too, the heat indexes are NO where near as bad as it gets here.

Is anybody else amazed that it's the last day of July? I'm actually happy abt it. School starts in 3 weeks and I'm looking forward to getting back into a schedule. The kids are ready to get back to school as well. I'm thankful that they both enjoy school so getting them to go back isn't really that hard. The hardest part is getting up in the AM. Considering we all stay up until the wee hours of the AM and sleep the morning hours away, it's going to be an adjustment for us all. Right now it's 11pm, and the house isn't even CLOSE to shutting down. In fact I hear sno-cones being made as I blog.

One of the best parts of going back to school is school shopping, which we did yesterday. What's great abt this is not only do the rugrats get some great new stuff, its great incentive to get rid of the old. Starting a new school year means you need to start fresh, right?? Special things are saved and stored, but it helps them get rid of a lot of junk.

So what have I accomplished this July?? Not a heck of a lot!!! The only knitted thing I finished was a pair of adult charity socks. I did read two books; A Black Tie Affair (your typical sizzling summer read) I won in a contest thru Chris, and Skein of the Crime by Maggie Sefton. Most of you know this is the latest in the series, but it wasn't my favorite. I don't want to give anything away, but there was a lot more of a storyline between the main characters with the mystery being sort of an afterthought.

Wow, a pair of socks and two books. I'm on fire!

I have started another book that's in a series, this one is Thai Die. THIS one I'm really enjoying. I should have this one done soon with Blackwork waiting on the dresser.

Perfect books to read while on vacation........

Virtually speaking of course.

4 comments:

Dee said...

I'm among those that can't believe how fast July flew by. Maybe it's because we actually went on a real vacation.

August probably won't be my favorite month this year (LOL), but I hope the next two weeks go quickly. This waiting is KILLING me.

Have fun with back-to-school shopping. Man oh man --- I remember when your kids were too little to go to school! They are growing up WAY too fast.

Chris said...

Our August is starting out toasty, too. Glad you got a chance to read your contest book! :D

LISMI said...

Yes, I'm looking forward to a regular schedule. The only challenging part is that I will have 3 kids in three different schools.....

Vivian said...

I'm going to have so much trouble with those early mornings when school starts. Henry is a morning person, so Mom is the only problem!