Sunday, July 04, 2010

Sunday Updates

I have a finish!

I started these back in Jan. The first sock took me 3 days. The second? FIVE months! Blech.

Here are my stats:

JW Socks #1

Sock #1: 1/5 - 1/8/10
Sock #2: 1/30 - 7/3/10
Total Project time: 6 months

c/o 48sts 3x1 rib on size 5 dpns
cuff: 6"
foot before toe: 6.5"

yarn used: Lion Wool Sage Green #123 and Pearl Grey #149
yarn used up: 4.2oz / 221.2yds

Best part? They're Hemi approved.


Now that these socks are done, I only have 2 projects going, the kitty shelter afghan and the 2nd Kroy FX sock (which still needs to be cast on). I'm itching to start another project and I have two in mind; a sweater for Baby Girl (before she gets too big for it) and another pair of socks, this pair with a short cuff. I'm hoping to cast on sometime tomorrow.

------------------------------------------
Yesterday was an on again off again rainy day. It was better in the morning, but by the afternoon, this was the only blue sky I saw.

I took this while standing in my back porch while it was raining and starting to thunder.

My sunset from Friday night was much nicer.

There is a street fair the first Friday of every month and I took this while I was waiting for the fireworks to start.

Hope everybody stays safe this holiday wknd!

4 comments:

Sandie Knapp said...

So what if it took 6 months to finish those socks. They look great, and I love the color.

I've been toying with the idea of making a few pair of short cuff socks or footie type things for myself. Something to run around the house in. I am getting to where I hate wearing shoes unless it absolutely necessary, but I don't like walking around totally barefooted either. Footies would be the perfect solution, don't you agree?

Hope you are having a great day. :)

Singular Stitches said...

Those are really nice socks, Lynn! And cat approved, you can't get much better than that!

Lynn (SingularStitches)

stitcherw said...

Congrats on the finish, they look great. Some projects just seem to take forever for some reason. It's harder too I think in the summer, to many other draws on our time. Hope Tiger's neck is now completely healed.
Sue

Dee said...

Well, if they are HEMI approved, they must be good socks!