Monday, July 26, 2010

Wknd Update

I don't know why it's so hard to post on the wknds. I had my pics and thoughts all ready to go and never did get to it.

Monday is probably easier because it gives me a break from housework!

So when you live in an area that is covered in black

you know you will see a tropical storm or 4 thruout the summer. We had Bonnie pass thru the southern part of Florida on Friday which gave us a good soaking rain on and off thruout the day. They said that Saturday would be 70% chance of rain, which I assumed would be in the AM. Wrong! Here is what it looked like when we headed out around noon.

Gorgeous, right? By the time we were heading home around 4pm, we had this.

The sky has been really interesting. Our cloud formations have been really cool. Either dark clouds against a bright blue sky or big fluffy cotton ball clouds against that same blue.

The kids didn't realize I took a Saturday sky so #1 Son took a picture for me on Sunday!

Funny how they've gotten used to me taking sky pictures. I send him out to take pics of the IO's gardening efforts. He hasn't been doing as much this year, but he's been adding more and more. We started with chives

and moved on to watermelon.

Not sure if we'll have anything of consequence, but it gives him something fun to do. He also planted corn, but I have no idea where that is. If we get anything out of it, I'll post that too.

4 comments:

Susan said...

What kind of map is that? I've never seen one like it before.

Dee said...

Me either. What IS it??? LOL

Life's a Stitch said...

That is one ominous map.

Sandie Knapp said...

That little plant behind the watermelon looks exactly like a young corn plant, so maybe that's what it is? LOL