Wednesday, September 08, 2010

An actual finish!

So much is going on at Happy Acres, I don't even know where to start. Kid schedules are all over the map. Volunteering has kicked into gear. So has work. I'm helping a close friend plan her daughter's wedding. I need the governor to declare a state of emergency for my house. And the IO.....well, is being an IO.

So lets ignore it. Let's talk abt something else. Like a finished project!!! I was planning on posting progress pictures

but I never got a chance to do it. So instead here is the finished project.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Once it was stitched, washed and ironed, I ran to JoAnn's to get some card stock to mount it on. Here is the final result.

Project complete!

It was mailed out yesterday and hopefully will be there in time to be included in the memory album.

Details for this project:

Love Rose
designed by Green Apple
Just Cross Stitch magazine Feb 1994
DMC Linen Aida #842 14ct
8/29 - 9/6/10

I really enjoyed working on this project, but wished I started a week earlier. I don't like it when I HAVE to work on a project. That being said, I'm thinking of starting a quilt for the daughter that's getting married Thanksgiving wknd.

I'm such a glutton for punishment.

1 comment:

Dee said...

The rose turned out beautifully!