Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Done!!

#1 Son's socks are finished!! Hurray!


And they even fit!!! Double hurray!!!


These socks have been on the needles since November of last year. I cast on back in November using a Twin Rib Stitch. When you couldnt see the pattern I switched over to straight stockinette stitch, but I wasn't loving it. Out it came. I started again in Feb but only did abt 6 rows using a 3x1 rib. It sat while I worked on other projects, not to be touched again until May. This is when I consider the beginning of the sock project. Here are the rest of the details:


Kroy FX Socks for #1 Son

Sock #1: 5/2/10 - 6/20/10
Sock #2: 8/2/10 - 10/13/10

Yarn used: Patons Kroy FX color #57242 Clover dye lot: 210979

Cast on 60 stitches using size 2 needle. 3x1 rib for 3.25" then stst for 3/4" (total 4" cuff). Heel=32 rows and foot length 7.25" before toe decreases.


#1 Son LOVES the socks. The colors are wild but not *too* funky. While I wasn't planning on matching these socks, I'm glad I didn't even try. They are of the same color and dye lot, but knit up very differently. The yarn was also splitty if you weren't careful, but the different colors in the final spinning is what makes those amazing color changes.

And I've also decided that the next pair of socks for #1 Son will be knit up for a man. His foot is as wide as mine is and is only 1/2" smaller. This explains why my socks fit him well and also means I will see very little of them this year since they will be mostly on his feet!

On a final note, let me just say how happy I am that ALL the Chilean miners got out safely. How soon do you think they'll make a movie of the week?

3 comments:

Dee said...

The socks look great! Glad #1 Son didn't grow TOO fast.

Knittymuggins said...

The socks are fantastic!! Glad they suited #1 Son and made him so happy :) It's always a bonus when the recipient loves their new item so much!

Chris said...

Ok, I would've sworn that was Trekking 100, which is a favorite colorway of mine! They look great.