Monday, October 04, 2010

It's beginning to feel a lot like Fall!

It was 60 degrees for our educational commute this morning and it was wonderful!!! There are no 9s in our weather forecast for the week. In fact the 9s are now 6s. Highs are in the 80s, lows in the 60s. NICE!

So what's going on here at Happy Acres??

Friday was a carnival at Baby Girl's school. It was a fundraiser which is normally a walk-a-thon

but this year they switched it up to a carnival

including dunking the coaches.

It turned out really nice. MUCH better than the original idea planned.

Injury of the day? I forgot sunscreen and my face and the back of my neck got really red.


Saturday was a surprise wedding shower.

We squeezed 60+ people in a place that holds 45. It was tight, but we did it and it turned out really nice. Baby Girl was thrilled to hand out the favors.

Injury of the day? Matching thumb cuts.

Denise cut hers first when she was slicing up fruit. As she was getting a band-aid, I took over. I was doing fine until I tried a fancy chef move. That's what I get for imitating Rachael Ray.

I'm taking it easy today and plan on meeting with my stitch group tomorrow. I could use the break! Not sure if I'll be stitching or knitting, but I will have something stitchy to show tomorrow.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Oh no! Hope the boo-boo won't impact the stitching!