Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Taking the Day Off

While I love helping out my friends and love being a mom, there are times when it just needs to be abt me. My stitching friends were meeting up today and while I SHOULD have stayed home and get caught up on dishes and clean out the car from this past wknd, I decided that I needed a day off and went. I am SO glad I did!!!

We met in Starbucks and got to sit and stitch/knit for a couple of hours. OH was that nice! I got to catch up with friends I haven't seen in months. I worked on #1 Son's sock; I'm in the home stretch, finished off the gusset and knitting the foot.

It's a bit blurry, but shows the true colors of the sock. It's a bit strange, I'm using the 2nd ball of the same color and dye lot, but this sock is definitely looking different than the first. While I wasn't planning exact socks, these socks will be very different. Thankfully #1 Son will not care one bit.

Lunch was at Yellow Dog Eats a really cool restaurant that Dee recommended. The owner is quirky, the restaurant is quirky, and the food is GOOD! A must try if you are in the area.


I canNOT believe you ate at a place called DOG. You have NO standards.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Had fun today --- good friends, good coffee, good food and a bit of knitting --- nothing better.

Vicky said...

Sock is looking good, and you are right, Billy will probably not care that they don't match perfectly. David wouldn't have at that age.