I have not ONE! not TWO!! but THREE (ish) projects done!!! I haven't had a finish in awhile and it feels good to get some things done!
First finish: Barbie Coat
This is actually the second time I made this coat
I made one back when I was 13 when I was going thru my mom's knitting bag. I still have it, too, buried in the black hole of my craft closet.
Here are the stats of this modern, updated version.
Yarn used: Lorna's Laces Sport in Sherbert
Date start: 12/25/10
Date end: 1/13/11
.9 oz yarn used
The pattern is from McCall's Knitting for Beginners from 1966
I held on to this book mostly because it was my mom's and because it had basic instructions. Now as I go thru the book, I'm seeing the patterns are your basic knitwear and could still be used with updated yarn. My mom's book, my efforts, and
a happy Baby Girl. That's a project worth doing!
Second Finish: Kitty Blanket #2
I number my kitty blankets for the year they are worked, but since none were finished in 2010, they just rolled over into the new year. Kitty Blanket #1 is still a WIP. Stats for this project are:
60 sts on size 11 needles with 3 strands DK weight held together
Yarn used: 3 different colorways of Sassy Stripes.
Date start: 11/30/10
Date end: 1/16/11
Finished size: 19.5 x 19.5
Yarn used up: 8.3 oz
I bought this Sassy Stripes yarn a few years back. I really liked the pink colorway and the blue and tan colorway so when Michael's was having a clearance I bought up everything I could. Turns out the only colorways I liked were the pink and the blue. The others have some crazy mixes that don't really work well together. However when you combine 3 strands in a kitty blanket, they look pretty good! The pattern came from the book Knitting for Peace for their animal shelter blankets.
Third(ish) finish: Jitterbug sock
The black fur of Princess really makes this white sock pop!!
It's an -ish finish since I still need to finish the second sock to be able to wear them. However I have started the 2nd sock and just abt to start on the heel (2" cuffs make for quick work!) I'm hoping for faster progress on this 2nd sock; the first one was cast on back in Aug, picked up again in Oct and just finished a couple of days ago.
Not too shabby!! This leaves me with 4 projects on the needles. Updates of those will be coming soon....