Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Starting the year off right!

Back in Oct I started a hat on size 3 dpns. Because of the number of stitches I had on the needles, I kept dropping them so I decided that I needed to work this hat on circs instead. Three months later I finally got them.

They look so small!!! I plan on moving the hat later tonight.

Meanwhile look what else jumped into my electronic cart

This got good reviews so I thought I would try it. I have a few rough spots on my fingers and I'm hoping this will help them. Plus it smells like cake batter!

And this was calling out my name

I tried to ignore it but it just wouldn't shut up!!! It's a new yarn that Knit Picks is starting to carry.

I thought it was at least a 2 ply yarn, but it's single spun.

I'm a little worried abt that since I tend to untwist and pull apart single ply yarns as I knit with them. We'll see how it goes.

This comes in worsted weight too in case anybody is interested......

No, none of the worsted fell into the cart, just the fingering. I've been really good with buying yarn over the past year. I only bought 9 skeins of yarn in 2010, the last was the sock yarn for the Airy hat back in August so I was due.

8 comments:

Dee said...

You'll have to let me know how that hand cream is. This dry weather has my hands very rough, especially around the cuticles.

The yarn is very pretty. Reminds me of mini-Mochi. Is it for socks?

Zonda said...

Yikes, size 3's better than 2's like my sockhead hat though! Oh..no..I've been eyeing the yarn, now I hear of cake batter lotion...

Karen said...

Please tell me it didn't take Knit Picks three months to ship the circ to you??? ;) Look forward to hearing how that lotion works - it sounds yummy!!

VCFibers said...

I'm with Dee, that looks like mini mochi. And I'm seriously impressed with the purchase of only 9 skeins of yarn in all of 2010. That is some serious knitter self-control!

Sandie Knapp said...

I'm nervous about using singles too, but it sure is pretty stuff. :)

Angela said...

I'm interested in how the cream works. I untwist singles as I knit too ... thought it was just me :O) I am waiting for my Chroma to arrive, orered it earlier this week.

Ziggyeor said...

Oh pretty yarn. I don't knit but I'll watch my friends! That cream sounds like it would just make me hungry!

TeaMouse said...

The hand cream looks wonderful, I can almost smell it through the monitor!