The best of intentions

I have a pile of books on my dresser to read. Books that I have bought abt a year ago that are just waiting for me to pick up and read. I also have a drawer full of magazines I've collected over the years that are just waiting to be read. So what did I get when I went to the library today??

This

I have such good intentions. In my mind I have all this time to lounge around and read. The same free time I can also use to stitch or knit or quilt. In my mind I get LOTS done. It's reality that messes me up.

However in reality I did get some projects worked on in Jan which meant I had some orts to add to my jar for TuSal this month so the jar did grow a bit. See?

I didn't empty it out from last month, just gonna let it keep filling up until the dust bunnies or fur balls take over.

I also have a finish to share, another kitty blanket.

This one is Kitty Blanket #3.
Date start: 1/22/11
Date end: 1/23/11

40sts on size 11 needle using 3 strands of various worsted weight yarn

Finished size: 14.5" x 18"

Yarn used up: 427yds/8.1oz

This one is the smallest I've done so far. Using the 3 strands of ww on size 11 was harder on my hands than I was expecting. I usually only use 2 with a 10 or 10.5. The worsted weight yarn is yarn I had left over from other projects that needed to be used up. Mostly Red Heart, but I think there was a Caron TLC thrown in as well. I changed out a strand for a new yarn every 10 rows so the colors blend a bit more. Overall I like it, but probably wouldn't do this particular combo again.

So there you have it, some progress in a normally chaotic schedule. I'm still working on a hat, a scarf and those jitterbug socks, but those are apparently on hold. I can't seem to find them.

And for those buried under 500ft of snow, here is a little something to look forward to.

Comments

Ziggyeor said…
Cute TUSAL and the picture looks lovely. I want some flowers blooming again.
Dee said…
I was at Lukas Nursery today and they had the prettiest color of dahlia. It was a burgundy and white combo.

Almost bought a flat, but couldn't figure out where I would put them. I may reconsider tomorrow.
Chris said…
Go, kitty blankets! I've knit a couple for shelters. Hmm. I wonder what acrylic I have on hand...
Oh we must visit the same dimension in our minds ... because I think I have all this free time to get stuff done too, LOL!! Thanks for sharing the flowers, its grey and cold here.
Daffycat said…
An awesome collection of ORTs!

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon