Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Morning (ish) Update

As usual, things are crazy here at Happy Acres. I'm glad I've got my knitting to keep me sane(ish).

I pulled my sock out of the car to work on over the wknd and actually made some significant progress!

I finished the gusset and am abt 2" into the foot. I'm on the home stretch now! Then I can start sock #2. At this rate I'll at least have a new pair of socks by the time it gets cold again.

We've been having some HOT weather (heat index of 91 on Saturday) but thankfully it's cooled down a bit to a high of 83. Still warm but easier to deal with.

One thing I am excited abt are these!!!

That would be 6 tomatoes baby!!! I'm not sure if anymore will pop out, I've got lots more flowers, but was told once the nights were out of the 60s, my tomatoes wouldn't do well. We'll see.

I've also got 3 peppers growing with a couple more on the way.

I can't tell you how happy this makes me.

Not AS exciting as my growing food but pretty darn close are my dime petunias.

I went back to Lowe's to fill in some empty spots and I checked the clearance section. They had a ton of petunias on clearance for a dime. The only thing wrong with them was that you didn't know what color the flower was. Since i don't care, it worked well for me!!!!

Last but not least is a pic of me and the kids. It's my new favorite pic.

Have a great week!!!

5 comments:

Dee said...

That is a great pic of you and the kids.

Love the new sock.

Chris said...

Great photos - nice to see that there are green growing things somewhere. :)

Linda said...

Oohhh warm temps; gardens, flowers, sunshine -- the things Minnesota dreams are made of!! We're looking at another couple inches of snow today! Enjoy! Hope it comes our way very soon!

Sandie Knapp said...

Petunias for a dime is a super bargain always. I wouldn't give a hoot what their colors were either. I love petunias, because they weather so well in all conditions, and just never quit blooming.

:)

Sandie Knapp said...

My head is not on strait. I meant to say Wow, your children are growing fast! Looking great, all of you.

Love the sock you are working on. The yarn looks gorgeous. :)