Thursday, July 28, 2011

I'm Back!

Wow, two weeks w/o blogging. I've had my dry spells, but I don't think I've ever gone that long before! We are back from our family reunion and we all survived. We had a great time, but honestly once the week was over I was ready to go home. Baby Girl however wanted to stay there forever and ever! Of course she did, she had the pool

for a back yard

and the ocean

for the front!

The high points of the trip were seeing wild horses most days,


gorgeous ocean views,


having dinner prepared every night by somebody other than me (we were all assigned a night and I did mine first), and hanging out with family.

The best part of the trip for me?? Driving on the beach.

Yes we can drive on Daytona Beach, but it's not the same. We needed a 4wd for the 6 mile drive to the house and they sent me and one of my bil's. OMG I never laughed so hard!! We got stuck and almost went over a dune into a pretty deep pit, but got out just in time. I told him it would be the best part of the trip and it was!

The low points were the a/c being broken for 24 hours; constantly hearing abt the evils of 100% juice, high frucose corn syrup and anything non organic; and the drive home. There was a TON of traffic

and it took a bit longer than I expected.

But we are home and I'm happy to get back to some kind of normalcy. We've got 4 weeks before school starts, which seems like a lot and yet not enough.

Meanwhile I did get to read (what a *novel* idea!) Mobbed by Carol Higgins Clark. Nice light read, perfect for beach or late night reading.

I did do some knitting as well, but The Tank is still in the works. I finished the main body while on vacation, but now I'm working on the neck. Not loving it. 31" of diagonal knitting. Meh.

I also started another sock and am on the heel of sock #1. I haven't budged the other sock in progress and it probably wont be completed at all. My almost 4 y/o niece would love me to make her a pair of socks and she picked out the blue CTH. How do I say no to this face???

I don't. She'll have a pair by Oct.

And since that isnt enough projects started, I'm starting my charity knitting early this year. One of my sils who lives in upstate New York does a lot of volunteer work and said that they could definitely use some hand knit items. I cast on a hat a couple of days ago using (gasp) the rest of my malabrigo. I'm not a big fan of single ply yarn, but I dont seem to be unravelling the yarn like I did in the past. I think it might be because I'm doing a twisted rib. I twist and untwist the yarn so it stays good. So far I'm loving it, but I'm only abt an inch in......

4 comments:

Dee said...

Your niece looks a LOT like Baby Girl! Yes ... that face NEEDS a new pair of socks. LOL

Susan said...

It looks like a lovely place to have a vacation! And those eyes! What a beauty your niece is. She looks a lot like Baby Girl.

Zonda said...

Sounds like a lovely vacation!! Yeah, it would be hard to say no to those eyes ;)

Sandie Knapp said...

Congratulations on a fun and successful reunion. It's easy to see why it was so much fun too, with a pool, beach and wild horses. I could feel your pain during the trip home, and all the traffic. Been there myself a few times, and make sure to avoid that at all costs these days. But it sounds like it was a great time for all of you, and I'm glad you are returned home safe and hopefully rejuvenated! :)