Cast off and cast on

I'm spending today getting caught up on some blog reading and it always reminds me that I live in FLorida, a place that feels like it's cooling down when you only hit 92 as a high instead of triple digit heat indexes. Meanwhile there are a few of you that are starting to have cooler nights that brings on the feeling of autumn days ahead.

Regardless of the temps in this part of town, knitting is a year round event and I think I'm abt to make a 4 y/o very happy.

I finished these up this morning. I really should spend more knitting time on these guys, they really didnt take that long, but from cast on to cast off, they took a month. Here are my stats:

Delaney Socks #1 (I plan on making her another pair just slightly bigger)

44sts on 2.5mm dpns.
cuff consists of 3" of 2x2 rib and .5" of stst. The foot measures 5" before toe decreases.

Sock #1: 8/6-24
Sock #2: 8/25-9/6

Cherry Tree Hill yarn in Martha's Vineyard was used.

Yarn used up = 1.2oz/126yds.



That's what was cast off, look what will be cast on soon!

It arrived today, Dream in Color Dream Club September 2011.

I LOVE this stuff! It's a ww of their Smooshy with Cashmere!

It's nice and pretty and will be for ME! I'm thinking of a scarf or a cowl. I just need to find a pattern that speaks to me.....

Comments

Dee said…
Is that the yarn that you won on SAM?
Linda said…
oooohhh, I LOVE that colored skein!! Can't wait to see what you knit it up as. Your socks are very pretty; love that color too!! Happy Knitting!
Sandie Knapp said…
The socks are adorable, and I'm sure the recipient will be delighted. Warm toes are always nice.

Love the new yarn too. I can just imagine how soft that will be against your face. Can't wait to see what you knit with it.

:)
Zonda said…
Cute socks! That new colorway is awesome!
Vivian said…
You new yarn looks divine! and I just noticed your blog subtitle, husbands? hmmm...
Lifesastitch said…
Oh my gosh, smooshy and cashmere might get me to start buying yarn again! I've been very good...until now.

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon