Tuesday, September 20, 2011

One way or another

she's gonna have a pair of socks that fit!


I finished this second pair a couple of days ago.

I'm happy with the way they came out, but if you notice, they don't quite match. There were TWO knots in that second sock PLUS a thin spot. That's not including the third knot that was toward the end of the skein. I can handle one knot, but three with a thin spot is pushing the quality of their product. I've knit with Heart and Sole before and I had nothing like that with those skeins. (they are still going strong btw). The removal of knots and thin spots make for striping to be off. I still end up with bits of pink for the toe so I was happy abt that.

Sock details:

48sts on 2.5mm dpns
3x1 rib for 3". ss for 1". Total foot length before decreases = 5.5"

Red Heart Heart & Sole
Spring Stripe

Sock #1: 9/7-11/2011
Sock #2: 9/15-18/2011

These will be on their way to Delaney tomorrow.

Now that these are done, I can focus on my other projects. I have a pair of socks for me that have been sitting for a month that I should pick up. My scarf is moving along, s-l-o-w-l-y. I think I have abt 20" done. And I'm already getting tired of it. So what do I do?? I cast on for another project!

As you all know, I'm trying to put together my craft room. It is SO bad and so turned upside down that it's overwhelming. I've told myself that I need to work on something in that room for 15 min a day. It will take some time, but it will at least chip away at it so that eventually I'll be able to spend an hour or more w/o hyperventilating and walking away. Of course this means opening bags to see what I have. Four bags have been removed from that room and now sit in my bedroom. It's yarn I bought for baby outfits that have grown exponentially! I love the softness of it all so instead of using it for babies, I'm using it for this family. I've cast on and will knit blocks. Once I have enough blocks, I'll put together a blanket. This will be an ongoing project so I dont expect to use it until next winter, but it's a great mindless project to have on hand. Straight knitting.

AND I got a charity blanket in the mail from Wool-Aid on Ravelry. It's called Purplicious and I get to use my new yarn on it. I just need to figure out what pattern I want to use........

More pictures of blankets as they progress.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Can't wait to see what you bring on Friday.

Jane said...

I HATE when there are knots in sock yarn. But they came out very cute.