Thursday, September 15, 2011

Stashing the Stash

It's been a bit hectic here at Happy Acres and I'm ready for it to STOP!!! Everything seems to be in hyper speed with extended family kicking in for good measure.

I hadn't knit on anything for a couple of days and it's amazing how that really makes a difference! I KNOW it does, but when I haven't been able to knit for a couple of days, it just reaffirms it.

So while I haven't been as active as I'd like, I DO have some fiberly goodness to share.....

First of all, I have finished sock 1 of pair 2 for my niece.

I wasnt too sure how I was going to like it when I started it, but I'm happy with the final result. Baby Girl likes it as well so my almost 4 y/o niece should be happy with it. If not, it can wait for my almost 2 y/o niece. I've cast on for sock 2 today. With any luck I'll have it done by the wknd.

I've also added to the stash. I won on SAM 12 for the month of August and this just arrived a couple of days ago.

Nice huh? Zonda does a nice job in sending it too.

She could just stick it in the bag, but she makes it look pretty too. Thanks Zonda!

But wait, there's more.

My JoAnn's had a grand reopening sale. The first 50 people to walk thru those doors would get a $5 gift card. I pulled into the parking lot at 8:59 and I was #42 to get my card. Plus I had a 50% off coupon which was burning a hole in my pocket.

What did I get?

Some Full O Sheep for a charity blanket I'm working on. I've been wanting to try this yarn for awhile now, and this was the perfect excuse to get some. Retails at $4.99. 50% off coupon drops it to $2.49.

As I was looking thru the clearance bins, I came across this lonely guy...

He was only $.97. Yes you read that right, ninety-seven cents!!!! How do you NOT get it???

Lots of other things jumped in and out of my cart, but by the time I left I only added a magazine

Don't you just love that polar bear on that boy's sweater??? It's the reason I got it. I'm trying to see if I can add it to the one for the mom. It's just too cute for words.........

With my gift card it was like getting an additional 50% off my total purchase! The yarn ended up being free and the magazine was like 20% off. I LOVE those kinds of deals!!

They are offering this deal again tomorrow and Saturday. Wonder what other treasures I can for free?????

3 comments:

Zonda said...

Aww, thanks! Nice sock and wow, some good scores there!

Sandie Knapp said...

I love those socks you are making now. The yarn worked up beautifully! I do hope your niece likes them to.

I have no idea if my Joanne's has bargains such as you find, but that is because it's over 40 miles away, and I only travel there a few times a year. If it were within a reasonable distance, I'm sure I would take advantage of their deals too. Same thing for A.C.Moore and Michael's. They are all in the same general area, and not conveniently placed for me to shop at. :)

Enjoy your goodies. You are a wise shopper. :)

kathy b said...

97 cents for a sock yarn...I cannot beat that! Love your finished socks.