Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

Stitches of Violet does this post every Tues. It's always intrigued me, but I've never felt the urge to do it. I always felt it might come across as a bit boring. However I always enjoy Marguerite's posts every Tues. so here goes.

FOR TODAY: November 8th

Outside my window...

It's a bit overcast, with bright blue spots poking thru. It's almost 79 outside, but it feels like 82. This is why my a/c is on. Once it hits 80 I can always tell, I get uncomfortably warm.

I am thinking...
that I need to just bite the bullet and attack my craft room. A friend of mine gave me some fabric (you know, since I sew so much!) and I really need to get organized. I've never been a neat person but when it gets to the point when I can't find stuff, it's time to clean up!

I am thankful...
for smart, healthy children. Last week Baby Girl was inducted into the school's honor society and today #1 Son had his ceremony for Honor Roll.

I'm one proud mama!

In the kitchen...
I've got some frozen quesadillas in the oven for lunch. They smell great but the taste will be the deciding factor....

I am wearing...
what I wore to school this AM, a blue shirt and black capris.

I am creating...
a charity blanket. I'm really trying hard to finish this guy up by the end of the week. I dont like wood needles and this blanket is knitted on Clovers. The needles aren't very sharp which makes those M1s that much more of a challenge.

I am going...
to finish up this post and try and get some things done before the rugrats get home from school.

I am wondering...
what I'm going to make for dinner. Any suggestions??

I am reading...
absolutely nothing! In fact I got a bunch of books the last time we were at the library and I haven't even taken them out of the bag. They were due yesterday....

I am hoping...
to take another trip to Disney, this time with the kids. I'm just not sure when we can do it......

I am looking forward to...
a day off from school on Friday! Baby Girl is too!

I am hearing...
the hum of the a/c and the snortings of Hemi

Around the house...
the outside is in desperate need of some TLC. I'm hoping to start playing outside next week.

I am pondering...
if I will do this again next week. I guess it just depends on how much I need to post something.....

One of my favorite things...
my yarn

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I will be helping my sister with some things tomorrow, Friday will be a day of shopping and seeing Puss in Boots with the family (including my sisters but not the IO), Saturday will be a congregation picnic for a dear friend who will be moving away. I don't want to think any further than that right now.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

gotta wonder what that trip was like!
(hint: the license plate is from Hawaii!)

3 comments:

Dee said...

Congrats to the kiddos and to the Mom and Dad that make it happen! :-)

Arlene said...

I really enjoyed your daybook! My son is also looking forward to no school on Friday. We had temps in the upper 70's and low 80's today, with slight rain. Better than snow I always say! Have a blessed rest of your week.

kathy b said...

I love M's posts too> She is so brave to post now in her grief and despair....


Guess what I dont like clover needles at all either!!!

I like to get a premade meatloaf or roasted chicken at the grocery store and work around that as a main course.