Not Feeling It

The calendar says 2012 is a little more than a day away. However I do not feel like I need to change calendars. Part of it might be because my appt calendar is a July-June variety (school year vs calendar year). Part of it may be I have my 2012 calendar already hanging up.

Part of it might be the weather.


Whatever it is, I'm just not feeling it.

However I do realize that if I want to post any finishes for the month, I have a little more than a day to do it! The poncho only needs fringe to be finished, the earflap hat only needs earflaps to be finished. Easy peasy right?? That's what I've been saying for the past few days and yet here I sit with unfinished projects being ignored.

I did get my final yarn purchase in the mail yesterday from Simply Socks Yarn Company. First of all, can I tell you how much I love this on-line shop? I've ordered from them a few times and I've been happy each time I have. They were having a grab bag of sorts from a new yarn by Lorna's Laces Solemate, a wool/nylon/OUTLAST. Outlast is a fiber used by NASA to help regulate temperatures from being too hot or too cold. Lorna's was playing with a DK weight of this yarn, but the yarn came back from the mill more of a heavy fingering weight. So they offered it to SSYC at a discount. Great quality yarn at a fantastic price! You all know I have a hard time passing THAT up! You couldnt request what you wanted colorwise (hence the grab bag) but I did ask if they could coordinate the colors so I could make a pair with solid toes and heels. Look what I got!


and


I couldn't have asked for a better grouping of colors! I love them and cant wait to cast on.

That is once I finish the poncho and hat.

and since I just realized that today was Friday, I'll leave you with a bit of feline love.

Comments

Susan said…
Beautiful yarn!
Vivian said…
The Lorna's Lace yarn looks great and sounds like a great deal too. We are having some insanely warm and dry weather here too, third dryest December in history. Good for doing outdoor stuff, but we need the rain!
Dee said…
Ooooooooooooooooooooooo, that is some yummy, yummy yarn. I love Lorna's Laces.

Such a cute Hemi face!

We almost had a kitty last night. There was one on our front step for a few hours. Very, VERY friendly. Purred VERY loudly...even let me pick her up.

Then I realized that she probably lived a couple of doors down. And, sure enough, when they got home...she was gone.

Guess she just wanted to see what we were having for dinner to see if it was better than being home alone. LOL
Linda said…
Love the yarn. I wish I could knit socks. But, you know me, I absolutely love the kitty picture.

Linda

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon