Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY December 13th

Outside my window...
it is 66 degrees and sunny. Gorgeous day after a drizzly morning.

I am thinking...that I need to pay some bills before they turn the power off.

I am thankful...that I have money to pay the electric bill.

In the kitchen...nothing right now, but I do have some ripe bananas that will become banana muffins.

I am wearing...a Florida t-shirt, red plaid sleep pants, hand knit socks

I am creating...still working on Baby Girl's poncho. Will be pulling that out once I finish this post.

I am going...grocery shopping before picking up Baby Girl from school.

I am wondering...how I handle this glamorous life!

I am reading...I just finished a graphic novel called Deadly Storm. It's a graphic novel based on a non-existent novel by Derrick Storm (a non-existent novelist invented by Richard Castle, also a fictitious novelist played by Nathon Fillion on the tv show Castle)

I am hoping...to be somewhat productive today.

I am looking forward to...winter break.

I am hearing...the hum of the computer, the beeping of the answering machine and the swishing of the washing machine.

Around the house...my bougainvillea is starting to bloom, but the azaleas are looking weak. How is it friends of mine can plant things and ignore them while my neglect just ends up with dead plants?!?

I am pondering...my dead plant theory.

One of my favorite things...a good cup of coffee.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Baby Girl has her winter concert. I'm also considering one more trip to Disney before our season passes are no longer valid.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...somebody posted this link on Ravelry. Restoration Hardware is selling wool rugs from $995-$2395, depending on the size you want. Here is what they look like.

There was a discussion of whether or not you would spend this kind of money on a rug when it just looks knit. One of the things I noticed is that it's made out of a thick and chunky wool. If you got some workhorse chunky wool and some size 13 needles, it would be doable. A 6'x9' rug is big and the wool would probably get really heavy, but if you were so inclined I could see it being done.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I think it would be doable but how would you give it the stiffness so it wouldn't be real limpy?

ღ soraya ღ said...

nice post! thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya