This would have been a Monday MORNING update, but my computer refused to recognize Blogger. Go figure.
So I took advantage of the downtime this wknd and worked on my sock. Here it is just before I started the toe decreases.
Hmmm. I actually got farther than I expected! I knew I wasnt going to have enough to finish the entire sock, but I wasnt sure how close I would get. Since there was more yarn than anticipated, I decided to continue with the toe decreases and see how far I could go with what was left.
Did I finish the toe? No. I missed it by 3 rows. Sixty stitches. So I searched the stash for a yarn close enough to match.
Here they are finished.
Can you see which toe had the 60 stitches with a different yarn?
And when I put them on, you dont even see the difference at all.
What I find interesting is how one sock has color flashes while the other one has a more consistent color blend. Both are from the same hank too. I don't care, they fit and they are done!!!!
What are the stats on these socks??
BASKETWEAVE Rib Socks
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Martha's Vineyard
64sts on 2.5mm needles
Cuff = 4.5"
Foot = 6.5" before decreases
sock #1: 2/28/11 - 5/29/11
sock #2: 10/16/11 - 3/11/12
Total sock time: abt a year. It's the longest time ever for me to make a pair of socks.
The last 3 rows/60sts of sock #2 used Jawoll #52. Other than that bit of red and orange, the colors were spot on.
Now that these are finished, I only have a pair of vanilla socks on the needles and the ongoing afghan squares. I've got not one but TWO new babies due in the family so I think I need to be looking at something to knit for them. One is definitely a boy, the other is too soon to tell. I'm thinking of some cute little hats and socks. I'm also thinking I may start a baby surprise jacket.