Monday, May 28, 2012

Fun with Fiber

The past few days I've been going thru the piles next to the bed.  Bags of yarn, bags of projects, piles of magazines, more bags of yarn that have accumulated over the past few months.  Yarn I forgot I bought when I was with Dee at Tuesday Morning.  Yarn I bought to fix an afghan for my sister.  The bag of ongoing squares  for my afghan (woohoo!!)

Meanwhile I am making some progress on Elliot's (the soon to be new nephew) projects.  I've got the cuff done on sock #1

and I should start the heel today.

I've also started the sweater.

The pattern is from a Debbie Bliss book of baby projects, a two toned v-neck sweater.  It's really very cute and very easy.  I have enough yarn to make a matching hat and socks. 

Of course as I was playing in the stash, I came across a few skeins of yarn that I want for the next pair of socks.  Since I am the slowest knitter ever, I narrowed it down to this yarn
It's an orange-y/rust color that I've liked since I bought it.  I wound it into a ball last night while watching Kate and Leopold.  Love that movie!!!!

Hope everybody is having a nice long weekend.  What have you been doing?  Grilling?  Beaching?  Hitting some of the ceremonies around town?  Or just vegging inside to escape the storms??

2 comments:

Dee said...

No internet/cable/phone this weekend so I've been knitting, knitting, knitting!!!

That's going to be one lucky little boy with all those soft hand knit goodies.

Linda said...

Hi Lynn. Like the sock and sweater. BUT!!!!!!! I still need my Hemi fix....

Linda