Simple Woman's Daybook for May 8, 2012

Outside my window...it was another warm one out there.  The heat index was in the 90s.  Thankfully we got some rain and it helped cool things off a bit.  Rain still helps.  In a couple of months the only thing rain will do is make the air thick and sticky.

I am thinking...
Abt the next couple of weeks.  It's that time of year where all the events seem to take place.  School is out the first week of June so we've got field trips and concerts and award ceremonies to attend.

I am thankful for...
the fact that I found my sock!!!!   I took it with me on the SeaWorld field trip hoping I could put in a couple of rows here and there but that just did NOT happen.  It seems that when I don't bring something to knit on, we've got lots of downtime.  When I do, I dont even take it out of the backpack.  I thought I switched the sock from my backpack to my suitcase, but when it was all unpacked and put away, I got scared that I lost it since it was not in either suitcase I brought.  Apparently I didnt take it out of my backpack and it settled all the way at the bottom.  I found it today and am THANKFUL for it.

From the kitchen...
Roasted chicken and potatoes for dinner.  I was planning peas or green beans with the meal but I was out of both.  We had corn instead.  Right now Baby Girl is making brownies for Teacher Appreciation Week.  I'm debating if I want to make a cake tonight or in the AM for the middle school.  Not sure which will win out.......

I am wearing...
My pjs.  I'm wiped out and it's only a little after 8pm.

I am creating...
Not a whole lot.  I cant find my knitted squares, I just found my sock and when I thought of starting a new project I just decided to play on the computer instead. 

I am going.....
on another field trip on Friday.  This time to Epcot with #1 Son. 

I am reading...
A lot of fan fiction.  Especially for the tv show Castle.  LOVE this show.

I am hoping...
For more afternoon showers.  It helps with the watering of the plants.

I am hearing...
I am hearing the hum of the a/c and Baby Girl sniffling.   It's rather quiet in the house.  I think we're all just done with the school year.

Around the house...
I've got plants blooming outside, but no weeds are pulled.  The IO mowed and cut back some of the hedges pretty far back but they really needed it and will bounce back soon.  Night blooming jasmine seems to be a plant we cant kill at Happy Acres. 

One of my favorite things...
The smell of brownies in the oven, esp when I didnt' have to make them.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Other than Epcot, not that much.  It's the following two weeks that will be really busy.  I'm pacing myself.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
When I cleaned out my closet, I found a quilt that my mother in law gave me.  It was a quilt she had made for one of her many kids and she gave it to me when #1 Son was still a baby.  We were visiting
their house in NY and she gave it to me to put on the grass so I had a spot to put #1 Son.  She told me to keep it.

The quilt is made out of sheets and old poly blend shirts the kids outgrew.  I recognize the plaid fabric because the IO had a shirt just like that when I first met him (and it was the first thing I got rid of when we got married!)  When I came across it this time I decided to pull it out.  The kids like to pull out blankets when watching tv and this is perfect for that.  Since it's a poly blend this quilt can take a beating and get washed and dried w/o me having to worry abt it.


For more Simple Woman's Daybook, follow this link

Comments

Linda said…
Wow Lynn. You have alot on your plate. Sometimes I'm glad I lead a boring life. Have you seen my new blog update? Tomorrow is hubby's birthday and we are going on a picnic.

Linda

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon