Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

For today:

Outside my window:  It rained on and off this afternoon.  You can tell it's summer by all the afternoon storms we are getting. 

I am thankful:  that it rained and I didn't have to water the plants.

In the kitchen:  nothing.  I have been wanting to make cookies for the past week to bring in to school.  Since tomorrow is their last day and I dont plan on making them first thing in the AM, it ain't gonna happen.  I had both kids bring in chips and salsa for their parties today.

I am wearing:  jammies.  I've been in them since 6pm. 

I am creating:  I finished one of Elliot's socks.  I really should be working on his sweater, but I'm not in the right frame of mind for it.   Instead I'm working on my afghan.

I am going:  to bed soon.  I'm really wiped out.

I am wondering:  what I'm going to do after our road trip to keep the kids occupied this summer.  I think I need to find a good deal on an above ground pool.......

I am reading:  Castle Fan Fiction.  Most stories are quick and dont require too much focus.  I also checked out two books by Janet Evanovich.  I have a feeling they wont be read any time soon....  I have SUCH good intentions but it seems I just dont have the time.

I am hoping:  for some normalcy.  I dont think that is a possibility. 

I am looking forward to:  sleeping in on Saturday.

I am learning: the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Around the house:  this summer I want to work on both kids' rooms.  #1 Son's room needs to be painted and get new carpeting.  Baby Girl's room needs the same plus new window treatments.

I am pondering:  the financial logistics of a road trip, an above ground pool and redecorating....

A few plans for the rest of the week:  school ends tomorrow so let the summer begin!

A peek into my day:  Baby Girl had her award ceremonies for the end of the year. 

She did a great job and I'm really proud of her.   However the awards ceremonies are NOT what they used to be.  If you made a certain amount of points for both reading and math, you used to get medals or trophies.  Now you dont even get a certificate.   Instead the teacher comes up with her own set of awards to give out.  Kind of like superlatives rather than awards.  I cant remember what  Baby Girl's was (it's in the car) but when she was being described, the teacher said whatever she did, she would not just excel at it, but take it to the next level.  That is SO Baby Girl! 

At least she got a party afterward.  Poor #1 Son has exams the last three days of school. 

Tomorrow I will be enjoying my last day of quiet until Aug.........

1 comment:

Sandie Knapp said...

CONGRATULATIONS Baby Girl!!!