Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Fourth Quarter of 2012

When I woke up Monday morning I thought of two things:

1:  How did I survive September?

2:  How on earth can it possibly be October?!? 

October to me is the beginning of the end of the year.  Yes there are still three months, but very busy three months.  

September was a month of sicknesses.  Sept 1st was the first time I went to Urgent Care with #1 Son and I've been back and forth with both kids ever since.  In fact they are both home today.  Sinus headaches abound!   I'm so glad they are smart kids or else they'd be having a hard time with grades. 

I've had a friend start chemo, which ended up with her in the hospital after her first treatment with Broken Heart Syndrome.  It's where the top part of the heart doesnt pump and the bottom balloons out.  They just had a segment abt it on ABC Nightly News and she could have died from it.  Same friend's dad had a major stroke last week after a heart procedure and he's in the hospital with a 50/50 chance.  I told her to keep popping those xanax and I'd be over to teach her knitting. 

Meanwhile the IO has taken over the garage.  He's been in a mind set of being *helpful* around the house.  This always scares me.  The good news is my garage is cleaned out.  I had to rescue some items from the trash, but for the most part, all the junk is gone.  I hardly have anything in there anymore.  The bad news is my a/c in my room was broken and replaced with one from the 1980s (the IO was fixing a perfectly working a/c, drilled thru something he shouldnt, almost burnt out the 2nd one, but all is fine now).    Oh and I no longer have a garage door.  He decided to disassemble it.  And make a new one.

Bets on how long it will be before I have one back up...........

October is turning into another busy month.  School events.  Fund raisers.  A corn maze adventure.   The Food and Wine Festival in Epcot with a couple of friends.  A baby shower.

Lots of fun stuff, but oy I'm already tired!  I just need everybody healthy..........

September was a month of finishes as well, and if you lasted this long, you get rewarded with pictures of finished projects.  I was on a kitty blanket roll (easy to do when the brain is dead) and finished 3 of them.

Kitty Blanket #1

100 stitches on size 10 needles.  Caron Simply Soft Black with various Sassy Stripes from the stash.  Measures 25" x 23.5"


Kitty Blanket #2

45 stitches on size 10 needles.  White acrylic with various other acrylics from the stash.  Measures 11.5" x 13"


Kitty Blanket #3

80 stitches on size 11 needles.  Various worsted weight acrylics doubled.  Measures 24.5" x 24.5".  I just finished weaving the ends in an hour ago. 


That's three for the shelter and I may be able to get one more done before we go.  I'm waiting for cooler weather to drop them off, but with the forecast reading high 80s for the next two weeks, I have plenty of time......

To break up the kitty blankets and to avoid knitting anything for family or babies, I looked thru More Last Minute Knitted Gifts and decided to make a soft basket.

I used some cotton yarn from the stash and I think it came out really cute.   However I made the small one and it's SMALL! 

See?

So there you have it.  The only thing on the needles is my ongoing afghan squares so I cast on for sock #2 for my nephew.  I'm abt an inch in.  My goal is to mail it out to him in the next couple of weeks.  I just checked his weather as well and the temps in NC are in the high 80s with a heat index of 90. 

Apparently I have some time with the sock as well...........

5 comments:

Dee said...

The kitties will have some VERY cheery blankets!

The little "bowl" would make a great ORT jar.

kathy b said...

WOW you have knitted up a storm conisdering the business of the season. I LOVE your knitted basket and will make one!!! OMG soooo cute.

Lucky kitties too. THey'll appreciate the blankets!

Linda said...

Oh dear! It's pretty scarey when men want to "help" around the house! I have to keep one eye on my things laying around - lest they disappear because he's "helping". So sorry about the kids - hope everyone is well soon. Love the kitty blankets and the little basket. Knitting = Sanity (or something like it). Have a great weekend, Lynn!

Vivian said...

Have to laugh about your IO "helping", he doesn't like small projects, does he? I made mine clean the garage so I can find things, and I'm not going to think about what he might have tossed out.

stitcherw said...

Hope everyone is better soon and things calm down a bit, sounds like you've got an awful lot going on. Cute kitty mats, and love the soft basket.
Sue