Saturday Stash

Not only did I take a picture of my sky but I'm actually going to post it today!!!!

It took me a second, but then I realized something.  My sky looked different.  Do you see the difference?? 

Go here to see it.

I'm hoping they were removed because they were diseased and NOT because they were unwanted.


I double checked, and it seems that I've posted on Facebook, Ravelry and Sock A Month, but I havent posted here.   I finished Samuel's socks!

I really like the way they came out.  I used Regia Design Line Kaffe Fassett color #04251.   48 stitches on size 2.5mm needles.  Cuff is 3.5" of 3x1 rub and .5"of stst.  Foot is 6.5" before toe decreases.  It's my basic sock;  the one I go to all the time.  This should fit a child between 7 & 8.

I've started another pair of socks for his sister. 

Lorna's Laces Sport Weight.  I just started the heel.


We went to Joann's the other day to pick up some spray paints for #1 Son.  Ever since he saw a street artist in NYC, he's been itching to try the same thing.  Here is his painting.

He used a piece of plywood that is abt 3' x 5'.  I think he did a fantastic job!!!!  Now we just need to find a place to hang it.  If we ever finish off the garage, it would be PERFECT in there!  I'm having a tough time finding wall space.......

Of course I needed to look around to see what was on sale and I found this

Its really soft and I plan on making a cowl with it.

One of the problems I have with the Big Box stores is never finding enough of the same lot number for a project.  I really want to make a sweater, but they never seem to carry more than 8 skeins.  And even then they arent guaranteed to be the same dye lot.  However this time I lucked out.  I found some WoolEase in Cranberry and they had 12 skeins of the same lot number!!!! 

WOOHOO!!  I bought all they had!  I've never seen this before and not sure I ever will so while I dont have a project in mind just yet, I WILL be knitting up a sweater with this yarn!!!!  With the weather cooling down *just a bit* I will need to start it soon if I want to wear it in Jan.  

And if that weren't enough, I bought some fabric to line Baby Girl's dresser drawers. 

I cut those out today and she's moved all her clothes back into her original dresser.  We were given another dresser with a mirror and while it had more drawers, they are MUCH smaller and all her clothes could not fit.  We're back to what we originally had and it's SO much better!  We also picked out the fabric for new drapes but that will have to be for another day.   It was bad enough I spent this money after the week I've had!  But sometimes you gotta get a little softness after reality hits you in the face.

Comments

Linda said…
Congrats on finishing another pair of socks. I absolutely love the color of the yarn. Love the yarn you got for the sweater. Looks like your son might be an artist someday.

Linda
stitcherw said…
Congrats on finishing the socks, they look wonderful (especially since blue is my favorite color). Nice find on the yarn too, looking forward to seeing what you decide to use it to make.
Sue
Sandie Knapp said…
Good job on the socks. I know what you mean by the having a sock pattern that you "go to" most often. I have two, a 2x2 rib, and a cabled pattern that I make all the time. Hey, if it works, don't fix it, right?

Congratulations on the 12 skein find too. I know how hard it is to find enough for a project. And they wonder why on-line shopping is so popular. Being able to get all your yarn in one dye lot is why. LOL

:)
kathy b said…
So glad you showed us your socks HERE> I LOVE Them. I m a huge Lornas' laces fan.

Love the paw prints cloth !!

We have had many trees removed due to emerald ash borers in our neighborhood this year.....so sad....

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon