Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
Darkness.  This is the first time I've actually stopped today.  Between finding a place for the upcoming repast, trying and then failing to fix a flat tire (we thought it was a slow leak so we used fix a flat last night.  It was flat again this AM) and having my septic tank back up, my week has been crazy.  And it's only Tues!  Repast location as been reserved, septic tank has been pumped, but tire is still flat.....

I am thinking...
how I need a vacation.  A few of us moms were talking abt this over the wknd.  It seems life has gone from craziness to insanity.  A friend of mine has been renovating her house and she is in the process of her kitchen AND her bathroom.  Yes she is crazy.  It wasnt supposed to be at the same time, it just worked out that way.  We are all waiting to become bored housewives, but it just never seems to happen.

I am thankful...
that I have a working toilet.

In the kitchen...
Not a whole lot.  However I do plan on roasting a chicken for dinner tomorrow night.  Fast food is getting old REALLY fast.

I am wearing...
Grey shorts and a grey t-shirt. Didnt plan it that way, it's what was clean.

I am creating...
only one thing at the moment.  I'm back to working on my afghan.  Samuel's socks are done and while I want to start a pair for his sister, I haven't had time to cast on. 

I am going...
to the middle school tomorrow.  Apparently I am the chairperson for the fundraiser that was due today.  I signed up to volunteer.  NOT chair.  But since nobody else volunteered that meant that I was running it.  I found this out today.  Makes me worry abt the spring fundraiser since there are only two of us for that one.....

I am wondering...
how I get myself in these messes!

I am reading...
sadly, nothing.  But I have 4 library books that I've renewed twice.  Wonder if third time's a charm?

I am hoping...
for some quiet.

I am looking forward to...
This wknd.  I've got nothing specific planned and I intend to keep it that way.  We had fun last wknd (more on that tomorrow) but it's time to dial it down a notch.

I am learning
I will never be skinny.

Around the house...
the latest demolition project was the swing.  It was getting dangerous to play on so the IO took it down.  Only one piece has been removed from the back yard. 

I am pondering...
if anybody is still reading this.

One of my favorite things...
right now is dark chocolate peanut M&Ms.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Other than tomorrow,  I'm hoping nothing.  There is no school on Friday so there will be sleeping in enjoyed by most!!! (the IO still has to go to work)

A peek into my day...


for those of you who miss Hemi.

1 comment:

Marguerite said...

I'm still reading. Keep writing, it's a great record of your life. You and your kids will enjoy reading it ten years from now.

Glad the septic problem is over for you. You scared me because my septic pumping out is overdue.