The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
It is cloudy and I'm LOVING it!!!  We've got a cool front going thru, which means the highs will be in the 80s instead of the 90s, and, most importantly, the humidity will drop!!!  Fall is here! (Florida style)

I am thinking...
that I need a new vacuum cleaner.  The IO took BOTH vacuum cleaners out to the garage (still with no door) and they are covered in sawdust.  I refuse to clean the vacuum cleaners before I clean the house.  We will live in filth one more day.

I am thankful...
that the kids are finally starting to get better.  Baby Girl is just about back to 100%, and #1 Son is getting close.  He still has a headache in the AM, but that's from his sinuses.  I'm thinking of adding a humidifier/air cleaner to his room to make it easier on him in the AM.  I know we have one around but if the IO got to it, I'm better off getting a new one.

In the kitchen...
Our local grocery store is wonderful.  It's my favorite one of all the stores I've been in.  It's clean, the ppl are friendly and helpful and for the most part the shelves are stocked.  They have what is called Apron Recipes and every day around dinner they have samples of their latest recipe.  This is what tonight's dinner will be.

Country Fried Steak
This is a TRUE country meal.  Still makes me laugh how I had to move north to live in the South.

I am wearing...
Baggy blue t-shirt and grey shorts.  Basically my PJs that I have yet to change out of.

I am creating...
the second sock for Samuel.  I'm almost done with the foot and will be starting the toe decreases.  I weighed the ball of yarn left over from the skein and then I weighed the finished first sock.  I should have enough yarn with some to spare, but the more I look at the ball of yarn and think of what I have yet to do, it will be close.  I'm hoping to be done by the end of the week.

I am going...
nowhere today!  Other than picking up the kids from school, I dont plan on leaving the house.  It's been a long time since I've done that!

I am wondering...
what project to tackle first.  I have so many ongoing projects that need to be done and then there are the ones I want to do.  Just not sure what to tackle first.  Well I was going to tackle a project that reqiured a vacuum cleaner, but that's been put on hold.  Guess I will continue on with laundry. 

I am reading...
unfortunately, nothing.  This makes me a bit sad.  I've gone from books to blogs to fan fiction to nothing.  I really need to read during the day when everybody is in school/work since it's the only time I'm not interupted, but that's when I try to get caught up on TV shows that I love (watched the ABC comedy lineup this AM while eating breakfast and then folding laundry)  I really need to remedy that......

I am hoping...
that my bff will be able to deal with the life ahead of her.  Her dad is VERY close to hospice, she's going thru chemo, and her husband has been out of work for a year now.  Each one of those is a difficult thing to get thru, she's going thru them all at once. 

I am looking forward to...
going to a corn maze this wknd.  Its the same group from last year and we should have a great time.

I am learning...
how quickly the house falls apart when I dont keep up on housework.

Around the house...
this is SUCH a loaded question.....

I am pondering...
how everybody is having something in their life to deal with.  Even my friends' kids who have just recently gotten married.  Life can be good, but life can be hard.

A favorite quote for today...
The internet is a lot like ancient Egypt, people writing one walls and worshiping cats.
Saw this on Facebook and it cracked me up!

One of my favorite things...
online games.  Right now it's what I find mindless and relaxing at the end of a taxing day.  Plus I can still play when answering where homework is, what we have for dessert or interupting a sibling fight.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Honestly not much and I'm loving it!  I think I have a PTO meeting on Friday and something else tomorrow but that may fall thru.  I need some quiet time in the house.

A peek into my day...




This is how Baby Girl went to school this morning.  There was no spirit week, no dressing crazy for the day.  We got the tights from JoAnn's along with the glasses and bow tie.  They were a Halloween costume if you wanted to dress as a nerd.  It cracks me up how being a nerd is cool.  She also put strips of duct tape on her jeans.  The duct tape had mustaches on them, again another cool thing.  So what does it say abt a child that goes to school like this??  And what does it say abt the mother who lets her????  She is weird but so is the gene pool.  And I love how she just doesnt care what ppl think.  And as long as she dresses appropriately (boobs are covered and so are butt cheeks) I really give her a lot of leeway. 


So there you have it.  We got more at JoAnn's than just duct tape and crazy outfits which I will post abt tomorrow.  Meanwhile everybody enjoy your day!

Comments

Dee said…
I hate the feeling of "will I have enough" to finish the second sock. I've become a little obsessed with my kitchen scale.

Hope the rest of your week is quiet.
kathy b said…
YOu absolutely crack me up "WE LIVE IN FILTH ANOTHER DAY"
little dirt never killed anyone..in fact they say all that hand sanitizer leads to more illness.
Marguerite said…
That's the same rule I used to stay sane when my daughter was young : private parts have to be covered.

Emjoyed your post.
Vivian said…
Your baby girl looks adorable and seems very pleased with herself :-)

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon