The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...It is gorgeous!  Right now it's 59 degrees and sunny.  We expect a high only of 70.  LOVE this weather!!  Wish it happened more often.

I am thinking...abt what my schedule is for today. 

I am thankful...that the election is over!

In the kitchen...I will be having a family dinner this wknd.  The turkey is defrosting in the fridge and I need to dig out the rest of my aunt's recipes.   For those of you who are wondering why I'm not waiting another week for Thanksgiving, well those who know me know I buck the system.  I dont need a national holiday to get my family together or to give thanks. 

I am wearing...a San Diego zoo tee, sleep pants and a pair of hand knit socks.

I am creating...the 2nd sock for my niece.  I need to finish it soon since we will be seeing them in a week and a half......

I am going...to be at both schools today before I have to pick the kids up.

I am wondering...when I get a day off.  I think I need to schedule one in........

I am reading...The Body in the Boudoir by Katherine Hall Page.  I used to read her a long time ago and really enjoy her books.  This series is abt a caterer who solves mysteries.

I am hoping...the lost doggie we saw yesterday was reunited with their owner.

I am looking forward to...a day with nothing scheduled.

Around the house...I dropped off 3 bags of clothes to the local thrift drop off and 2 bags to the elementary school.  I have 2 more bags to give to some friends and 4 more bags of fabric to pass on to another friend.    #1 Son wants to redo his room so maybe we'll work on that during thanksgiving break. 

I am pondering...the logistics of wanting a day of nothing scheduled and yet continuing to fill up my days with planned events

A favorite quote for today...I found this on facebook and it's quite accurate......

One of my favorite things...the sounds of an empty house.  When you dont get it very often, it's WONDERFUL!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  watching Baby Girl receive her Student of the Month award later today and then going to the middle school to help with cookie dough distribution.  Thursday and Friday will be used to try and clean up this house for a turkey dinner on Saturday (will try to find the fine linens as well)

A peek into my day...
SO proud of my Baby Girl!  She was Student of the Month for her grade!!

Comments

Dee said…
Congrats, Meghan! So proud of you!
Bridget said…
Go Baby Girl!!!
Linda said…
Congrats to baby girl Lynn. You know you'd be bored if you had a day of nothing to do.

Linda
kathy b said…
Well that is a fantastic accomplishment for lynn.

I love my NOTHING days.....I fill them up with just me time....selfish? YUP! sanity saving selfish!
Vivian said…
I love reading you Daybook entries. Funny how we always want a day off, yet schedule so many things there is never going to be a day off. Have a good weekend!
stitcherw said…
Way to go, congrats to the Student of the Month, quite an achievement.
Sue
Sandie Knapp said…
Congratulations Baby Girl.
Better late than never, right? I mean me finding this post. LOL You BOTH look great!

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon