The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...

It's a warm day, around 70 degrees.  Normally I wouldnt think it was warm but between the humidity and working around the house, I feel warm!

I am thinking...
of taking a break.  I think I bit off more than I wanted to chew today.  Baby Girl has been sleeping with me (the IO roams alot at night) and she's taken to using the matress pad as a blanket.  I decided to strip the bed and wash everything but that included taking everything off the foot of the bed (I tend to pile things there) and put things away which ended up being more than I expected. 

I am thankful...
for a clean family room.  The IO has been going crazy in there the past couple of days, going thru piles, getting rid of junk, redoing the area where the TV lives.  It's putting the rest of the house to shame.  Hence my project in the bedroom.....

In the kitchen...
I'm about to start dinner.  Tonight's meal will consist of Grandma's Chicken (stewed chicken my grandmother used to make) with rice, corn and peas.  Maybe brownies for dessert.

I am wearing...
A t-shirt, shorts and sneakers.  My heel has been bothering me lately and the wood floors just aggrevate it.

I am creating...
Huh.  Not sure how to answer this one.  I finished Baby Girl's poncho but neither one of us likes it.  Here is what it looks like.

Yes I know, it's just a rectangle, but that was the pattern for this one.  We tried attaching it in different ways, but it's just not working.  I'm realizing that the yarn is just too thick for what we're looking for.  Baby Girl feels REALLY bad that I did all that work (twice!) and yet she still doesnt like it.  I told her not to worry abt it, that happens sometimes.  It can look great in a picture but not work in real life.  Cautionary tale for many things in life!!!  She still wants a poncho but like the one I made her before.  I need to see how much of the Sassy Stripes I still have left to make her the same kind, just bigger. 

As far as the above, I'm not ripping it out again.  It is what it is and will become a cat blanket.  I have no desire to rip it out again, the yarn couldnt handle it.  It's time to move on.

I am going...
to look thru my yarn to start a new project.  I have the scarf started and I have my afghan in progress but there was a cowl that I really liked and I really need to start on another pair of socks.  My needles look lonely.

I am wondering...
why I started such a big project today.  SO not in the mood for it, BUT it's forcing me to finish the laundry including folding it and putting it away. 

I am reading...
Fan Fiction.  I just dont have the mind for much more at night.  And what I'm reading is 2000 words or less.  Short stories are perfect late at night for my attention span.

I am hoping...
the IO starts working soon.  His last contract ended Nov 30th but with the holidays the jobs aren't in high demand.  He's heard from Darden, Disney and Nascar, but we need to wait for the bigshots to come back from vaca to make the decisions.  We're hoping by next week we'll start hearing more.

I am looking forward to...
a quiet rest of the week.

I am learning
that not all yarn works well with all projects.

Around the house...
The family room looks great but the rest of the house is bad.  Esp the living room.  Many things relocated there while the family room was being worked on. 

I am pondering...
the ability to have a totally clean house at one time w/o hiring a maid.  (I ponder this a LOT!)

A favorite quote for today...
Saw this a few times on Facebook the past couple of days.

I dont want to brag or anything, but this is like the fifth end of the world I've survived.

One of my favorite things...

He always seems to win this spot.



A few plans for the rest of the week:
Drop off some clothes to a couple of friends of mine who have kids younger than mine.  Need to get rid of SOME extra stuff that's hanging around!


A peek into my day...


He's my laundry supervisor.....



If you want to play, here is the link:            The Simple Woman's Daybook

Thanks for stopping by!!!!

Comments

Linda said…
Thanks for the Hemi pictures. He looks like he is so much help.

Linda
Sandie Knapp said…
Wow, you have been busy. I think it's time you take a break and join Hemi, just not in a basket. Might be crowded. :)
kathy b said…
I thought i Was the only one who repurposed Disappointed knitting finishes to the cats!! They love it all dont they?

YOu have been very busy. Time to rest like a cat in PEACE

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon