Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...

It's actually warm out!!  It's 76 right now with an expected high of 82 later this afternoon.  In fact the rest of the week is supposed to be highs of 80.  January is usually our coldest month and I'm really not happy that the temps are as warm as they are. 

I am thinking...
that I need to go grocery shopping.

I am thankful...
that I have a grocery store to go to. 

In the kitchen...
I made Grandma's Chicken last night and I actually had a piece of chicken left over that I ate for lunch.  I thought it was enough but I'm finding myself still hungry.  There isn't anything in the house to eat, hence the need to grocery shop.

I am wearing...
grey pants and a school t-shirt. 

I am creating...
my sock has been slow going.  I did a few more rounds on the gusset last night but I'm still not done with it.  I think 6 more rows should do it...

I am going...
to the gym.  I almost hate to mention it here since I dont know how long it will last, but I'm paying for it so I might as well go.  Monday was a Zumba class and today was Yoga.  Ok yoga is HARD!  I enjoy the stretching but I have a lot less strength than I thought.  Pilates is next on the list. 

I am wondering...
how long I'll be able to keep this up.  Somebody posted on Facebook a couple of months ago that an attainable goal would be to walk a mile a day.  I thought, I could do that!!!  Not as easy as it sounds.  It's finding the time.  Now that the kids are back in school I go after I drop them off, but there is something wonderful abt having my quiet time.  Yes I know I'm making myself healthier but sometimes I just need that quiet.  This is why I'm taking it one day at a time.

I am reading...
Feh.  Next question.

I am hoping...
to keep making progress in my craft room.  I went thru a couple of bins, and hope to do more.  I have so much yarn and SO much fabric that I really want to focus on using what I have instead of adding to the chaos.  Again, we'll see how long this will last.

I am looking forward to...
a mom's breakfast tomorrow morning!!!  We try to meet up once a month but with all the busyness of the past couple of months it's been hard to do.  Tomorrow is the day!!!

I am learning
that working out is hard!

Around the house...
the IO is between contracts which means he's home.  all.  The.  TIME!   He keeps organizing which is slowly making me crazy.  Ok its not slow.  He's done it to the family room and the living room.  I have no dining room table because it's got piles all over it.  He's been wanting to tackle our bedroom or worse my craft room but I've convinced him it's something I have to do.    He really needs to start another contract.  Soon.

I am pondering...
how Casey Anthony is still making headline news.

A favorite quote for today...
 
This was on Facebook the other day.  I totally can relate to it!  I dont know who it belongs to, but it's   funny!


One of my favorite things...
Warrior Princess stalking her prey!
 

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Mom's breakfast tomorrow, I've got a PTO meeting toward the end of the week and  my sisters' are taking us out for an anniversary dinner this wknd.  The kids are back in school which means slowly getting back into a schedule again. 

A peek into my day...

The middle section is all yarn.  And they are FULL!  I want to work on whittling it down a bit before I add to it.  I also want to gather the rest of the yarn that's in a basket in my room and bring it here.  If I'm going to have a mountain of yarn, it needs to be all in one place!!


If you want to play, go here

Comments

Linda said…
OK Lynn - you don't have a mountain of yarn - you have an ant hill. You must go see my post Organized Chaos. Love Warrior Princess, but Hemi is still my favorite.

Linda
kathy b said…
WARRIOR PRINCESS IS SO BEAUTIFUL

It is a bit tough we ahem, WE spend too much time together....
but as long as I get a nice lunch once in awhile, out , just the two of us, its great.
Sandie Knapp said…
Good luck with that gym thing. If I had one close enough, I might try it myself. Heaven knows I need it. But when you have a 25 mile drive just to get there, one way, that puts a damper on things. Especially in Winter.

Good luck with using up the yarn too. I keep trying to do that, but I constantly find myself "needing" to buy new yarn for something else I want to make, because I don't have on hand, what I need. Can't seem to win for losing. :)
gin said…
a mile a day is attainable! I have started back at it on my eliptical for now and am up to 1 mile in 13 minutes. I'm going to keep that up this week and work up to a mile and a quarter. Good luck on your gym. Make it fun!

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon