Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
 
 
FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
it is gorgeous and a bit cold.   It's only 5pm and it's already 59 degrees outside.  It's gonna be another chilly night.  No complaints here.

I am thinking...that I really need to get out and enjoy the weather while it's nice.  May need to hit up the clearance section of Lowe's.

I am thankful...for medicinal steroids.  We had to make an ER run last night because Baby Girl's asthma got really bad.  None of the meds I had at home were touching it so I knew it was time for the next step up.  The staff in the front really needed to work on their bedside manner (asking me if my daughter has a history of asthma does not mean she has been to this hospital before.  Assuming the wrong answers will only piss us both off.)  That being said, the staff in the back were fantastic!!  The nurses were kind and the dr was amazing.  I love medical staff that asks questions and takes what the mom says into account.  You have seen my child for 5 min.  I have seen her for many years.  I have a little idea of what's going on.

In the kitchen...today is leftovers but yesterday I made a ham, some scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole and corn bread.  We were all home, it was cold, it was GOOD!

I am wearing...pj bottoms and a red San Diego t-shirt.  I had on some knit socks but I just polished my toes and I'm letting them dry.

I am creating...I brought my  afghan squares with me to the hospital.  I got 1/2 of one done. 

I am going...to a religious memorial  tonight.  It's the observance of Jesus' death when he had his last passover with his apostles.  After Judas left he instituted the Lord's Evening Meal and explained symbolism of the unleavened bread and wine.  He also said to keep doing this is rememberance of him.  I will be doing that tonight.

I am wondering...if I have enough leftovers for dinner.

I am reading...Fanfiction

I am hoping...that the meds I have for Baby Girl will make her feel better before Spring Break is over.

I am looking forward to...Friday.  If the weather is nice, we're heading to the beach.  Remember I live in Florida and while today may be great beach weather for you northerners, it's too cold for us here.

I am hearing..... last night's episode of Castle.  Baby Girl is watching it on our DVR.

I am pondering...too tired to ponder today.  Ask me tomorrow.

A favorite quote for today...



One of my favorite things...caring medical ppl.  Most are.  Others should seek other employment.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Hopefully a beach day on Friday.  If not then bowling.  Something fun with the kids.

A peek into my day...
We didnt get enough of Hemi in my last post so here you go Linda!





If you want to play, go here.

5 comments:

Dee said...

Chubs broke the box.

Hope DD is feeling better soon.

jennifer anderson said...

i can relate to that quote!

Linda said...

I am so glad your daughter is feeling better. Sending hugs and happy thoughts her way.
You know, I would come to Florida just so I could meet Hemi. Oh, and you and your family.

Linda

Sandie Knapp said...

Glad to hear Baby Girl is doing better. None of my children ever suffered with asthma, and it looks scary to me. Obviously you had everything well under control.

I see that any box will do for Hemi too. No matter what the size, they find a way to get into it. :)

kathy b said...

NOthing is as exhausting as a sick little one...and nothing as scary as trouble breathing..

Bless You ALL.