Simple Woman's Daybook


 
FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
it's 87 degrees outside but it feels like 101.  And the IO wonders why I have no desire to go to Disney.

I am thinking... of another place to vacation.  Now that the IO is back at work (woohoo!) he really wants to get away.  I personally would rather wait until October, but the IO isn't a wait and see kind of guy.  I just don't want to go anywhere that requires walking around outside. 

I am thankful... the IO is employed

In the kitchen... tonight's dinner is a roasted chicken and tomorrow I will make some homemade tomato sauce for raviolis and thin spaghetti.  I am in the mood for some black beans and rice but I have no desire to make it right now.  I wish I had a Pollo Tropical closer.

I am wearing... a big baggy t-shirt that says:  "If things get better with age, I'm approaching magnificent!"    And yes I AM aware it is almost 2 in the afternoon and I'm still in my pjs.....

I am creating... I have continued on the pair of socks I started over the wknd.  They are a short cuff (abt 13 rows of cuff to be exact) and I'm already on the gusset of Sock #1.  I'll take a pic once the sock is finished.  I'm also itching to pick up some cross stitch.  Havent done any of that in awhile.....

I am going... to look thru my pile of current projects to see what I can accomplish today.

I am wondering... how is it already July??  I really don't know where the year is going.

I am reading... blogs and news websites.   And then I need to leave them to play games on Facebook because this world can be mentally exhausting! 

I am hoping... my energy level picks up.  I REALLY don't feel like doing much and it's starting to show....

I am looking forward to... the IO's first paycheck.  I know I've been rambling on abt him going back to work lately but he's been out of work for 7 months.  SEVEN. MONTHS!  That is a very long time.  I'm looking forward to catching up on bills. 

I am learning..  that poorer ppl are usually more generous than richer ones.

Around the house...HA!!!  remember when I said I lacked energy??  That has translated to the state of the house.

I am pondering... a physical.  I'm thinking the lack of energy is from being overweight and having too much stress in my life, but it's always good to start with a clean slate. 

A favorite quote for today...

 

One of my favorite things...
Right now it's NOT blogger!!!  It's giving me trouble as I'm trying to add pictures to this post.....

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Saturday a friend of mine is having  a BBQ so we'll be heading over to her house.  I'm bringing a pasta salad.  Now to find the one I like.  Anybody got any good ones they'd like to share?  I'm looking for an oil based one, not a mayo based one.

A peek into my day...I've got a load of laundry going and I have a feeling today is going to be one of those days where I need to set the timer to get anything done.  Watch an episode of Castle, work in the kitchen for 15 min.  Watch a couple of Whose Line Is It Anyway, then 15 min in the living room....

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments

Dee said…
Congrats to Bill! Where is he working.

Stephen will be here this weekend and I'll FINALLY get to hear about his new job.
I've had a lot of days like that in the past year. I just don't have the energy to do much. I started walking and working out a little. Still didn't help my energy level but I sleep really good!
No, Disney in that heat would not be good! I am more for walking through a nice cool museum or something of that sort.
Cute quote!
Hope it cools down, maybe that will help with the energy level too.
kathy b said…
a couple of thoughts....
My energy waxes and wanes too. I have productive spurts .... I think the heat saps us.
I bought one of the fans from Katherine's blog post. Bed bath and beyond .....it hangs around my neck. it is a godsend. battery operated.

Pasta salad: I use juice from a fresh lemon, basil from my garden and some very light oil and vinegar. Its light and wonderful. a friend at work taught me. Oh and she adds feta cheese and olives, but I do not.
kathy b said…
and hows Hemi?
THis blind kitten Pie has captured my heart. Must convince my husband to let us keep her.....
Linda said…
Hey Lynn, how come the IO go on vacation if he just started a new job.
How is my Hemi.

Linda
it should be the other way around...although I do the fifteen minute thing tooo...

but we should work for forty-five minutes...then be on the internet for fifteen minutes...etc.
Karen said…
Great Daybook, I love your sense of humor:) Congrats on your husband going back to work! We have had the same experience, for over a year. I'm so relieved he's back to work, but hate not having vacation time:/ Go figure!

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon