The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It's 12:30pm, 90 degrees with a heat index of 106.  #1 Son has started band camp for marching band and I think of them all out in the heat.  They practice in shorts and tees, but I worry about when they actually have to wear their uniforms.....

I am thinking... this is going to be a busy year.  I've already added all the football games to my calendar.  I'll be chaperoning the away games so I'll be at every game this year.  This sounds like a lot of fun, but I can't help thinking       what just happened to my Friday nights????

I am thankful...for healthy children

In the kitchen... I plan on trying a new recipe today.  Cheesy Broccoli Patties.  I've been wanting to make them for awhile and I think today will be it.  They look really good and I'm hoping they taste as good as they look.  I'll sub out the onions for onion powder, but that looks like the only switch I'll make.

I am wearing...OLD clothes!  The kind that should be thrown out but just feel too nice to get rid of.  An old, faded 1995 Orlando Magic t-shirt with a pair of old navy shorts that are abt 15 years old.  The seam on one leg has ripped out.  They are old but they feel like buttah!

I am creating...making great progress on my sock.  I plan on working on it some more today.  It's been a very busy week and I haven't worked on it much, but today is the day that I am.  I'm almost done with the foot and hopefully will have a sock to show by the end of the week.  I may even pull out Too Pooped for a couple of strands. 

I am going...thru Baby Girl's closet and drawers.  It's been awhile since we've gone thru her room and it's the perfect time to start the new school year off right!  What helps is that she's moving on to middle school so a lot of what she wanted to keep in elementary she no longer wants.  This is good because she tends to be a bit of a hoarder.  I can't complain too much since I have those tendancies as well, but between the two of us we can weed thru stuff w/o giving anything she loves away.

I am wondering... what we'll find under her bed and in the back of the closet.....

I am reading...I've been going thru piles of old mags and newspapers and sticking what I want to read in the car.  As I wait in line for pick up, I will go thru my pile.  I also added a kitty blanket.  Since  #1 Son has already started back to school with band camp  I'm back to waiting in car lines.....  Here's to getting more knitting and reading done!!

I am hoping...I have the energy for high school.

I am looking forward to... getting Baby Girl's room clean. To add incentive, I told her whatever she sells at the yard sale I plan on having in Oct, she gets to keep the money!

I am hearing......the a/c.  THAT IS IT!!!!  The IO is at work, #1 Son is at Band Camp and Baby Girl is at a friend's house.  Can I tell you how much I'm enjoying this????

Around the house...still going thru piles.  I'm finding stuff from last school year that is no longer needed so I'm throwing tons out.  I *am* avoiding the office/craft room.  That room gives me the shakes.  I should just put on some music, pour some wine and just start!!!! 

I am pondering... the wisdom of "One Day at a Time".  It's not just for alcoholics anymore! (hmmmm, kind of ironic my ponderings when I just mentioned pouring some wine....)

A favorite quote for today...
maybe I just need rebooting.....


One of my favorite things...about last week was seeing something I had never seen in real life before.  I saw a hummingbird!!!!  I've seen them in pictures but never in person before!  It was chirping which caught my attention and I had to do a double take.  I didn't know they chirped!!!  I thought of pulling out my phone to take a picture but I knew that if I turned away it would fly off.  Apparently it likes my flowering shrubs in my front yard and I've seen it twice so far.  VERY cool!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week....band camp for #1 Son, back to school shopping for both kids, and  rescheduling some appts that I've made.  One thing I am trying to keep in mind are my limitations.  Too much on the plate just makes me grumpy.  And when I feel grumpy and have no time for knitting (they go hand in hand) well I need to prioritize what's going on.

A peek into my day...I will continue to listen to the quiet for a little while longer before I start laundry. 


To play, go here.

Comments

Dee said…
That is what I am hearing right now ....the hum of the washing machine.

kathy b said…
I am so glad you put into words how too many obligarions'make ME grumpy too.

I have a too full day and IM working hard to calm down about it
Linda said…
Another great daybook post. Just think about when both kids are out of school. You'll probably be bored to tears. lol

Linda
Nita said…
Popping in for a virtual cuppa tea from the daybook linky. I love your quote! lol!
believe me, those highschool years with your kids goes too fast!

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon