Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
after I went to Target this morning, I noticed a hawk in my driveway!!!  At first I thought it was injured because it kept clawing at the grass, but then I realized it was going after something!  I pulled over and just watched it for a couple of minutes.  Finally I slowly pulled into my driveway and it flew away.  I have NO idea what it was going after because by the time I got out,  it was gone.

And for those who enjoy my weather reports, its 89 degrees with a heat index of 100. 

 I am thinking... that all I want to do tonight is knit.

I am thankful... for my local library.  Even though I don't read as much as I used to, I utilize it a lot for the kids.  I don't mind spending $8 for a  paperback (it's the same price as a movie) but hardcovers can get pretty pricey!

In the kitchen... Sunday morning I made some Pillsbury biscuits, the kind that come in the exploding can.  They looked a bit weird when I put them in the oven but I thought it was because I kept them in the freezer too long (I like to put them in the freezer while the oven preheats, it helps make them light and fluffy!).  I also haven't been feeling great and while they didn't taste *bad* when I ate one, they tasted off.  I didn't think much of it until I threw the can out.

It said best before June 18, 2013.  Explains a lot!

I am wearing... a pink Mickey Mouse t-shirt and beige shorts.  I'll be adding black flip flops when I go pick up Baby Girl

I am creating...I started another pair of socks.

This will be for a man, just not sure which one yet!  Both the IO and #1 Son already have a pair and don't really want more (don't know what's wrong with them!).  I may either give them to a friend who has chronic health issues, or they will go into a bin for my SIL who does missionary work. 

I'm also making progress on the kitty afghan.

It's strictly car knitting and I figure I have abt 4 or 5 more inches before I run out of yarn.  I have more yarn in the bag to start another one when that is finished.

I am going...to start dinner once I finish this post.  It's Taco Tuesday in these parts and burritos are on the menu!!  (close enough!)

I am wondering...what is wrong with my cell phone.  I used to get my emails sent to it and I could also forward a picture from my phone to my emails and I cant do either anymore.  I must have hit a button and reset something......

I am reading...nothing other than Facebook and blogs.  I should change this to I am watching because I do much more of that!  In fact since the new tv season is starting I think I will!!  BTW anybody a Burn Notice fan??  What did you think of the last episode of the series?!?!? 

I am hoping... for the best.  It's all you can do when circumstances are beyond your control.

I am looking forward to... the high school football game Friday night.  There is a big difference between a small town public high school (us) and a big city private school (them), namely their field!!!  Ours looks like your typical high school football field, but the private school has a field that looks like a college arena!  You can't miss it, it's next to their Olympic sized pool. 

 I am hearing..... #1 Son watch an old episode of The Big Bang Theory.  I can't see him but I know he's got his face in his Ipod while listening to the show.  The kid is decompressing from school and chilling before band practice in a half hour.  He's got a lot going and I have no issues when he just wants to zone out.
 

Around the house... another question I don't like.  I *am* making progress with my mountain of paperwork.  I had three baskets filled with papers.  I'm down to two and I know what's in them!!! 

I am pondering...If I'll ever get caught up.

A favorite quote for today...


One of my favorite things.......


My Pilot Precise V5 RT Retractable Extra Fine Point Rollerball Pen.  I LOVE this pen.  It's my favorite of all pens.  And I'm not the only one.  It goes missing often!  I finally gave one to everybody AND keep a secret stash for me. 

 A few plans for the rest of the week: I only have the game scheduled this week.  I'm trying to keep a flexible schedule.

A peek into my day... once the kids were off to school I ran errands.  One thing I have found out, if you watch sales and use coupons, make sure they ring up correctly!!!  I found $8 worth of errors in my receipt!  This is why I try to check it before I leave the store. 


Go here to get your copy of the daybook!

4 comments:

Dianna said...

LOVE your quote today, Lynn! My husband and I were just discussing the good benefits of eating dark chocolate...and then I found your quote.

Great daybook entry!

Sandra Knapp said...

Love "Burn Notice" and I thought the final episode was very good. They lived happily ever after! LOL

I've used Pillsbury bisquits past their date too, and never had a problem with them. Those should have been just fine. After all, it didn't say June of 2012! :)

kathy b said...

My son watched Big Bang too..I think its a funny show when I watch a bit of it. I have not watched an entire episode yet.
I LOVE the socks. I vote for the missionary!

Thank you for listing the entire name of the pen. I am a pen freak and have to find that exact one now!! yippee
you made my simple woman day

Lifesastitch said...

Can identify with so much of this post. I was hitting the library website for e-books but I can't seem to finish them on time and most aren't renewable. Soooo, I've been buying a fair bit of kindle and audible but only the sale ones.

I find a mistake on grocery store receipts way too frequently.